cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password for telephone support

duke_sc
Tuning in

Hi,

How do I change the password I'm asked when I phone 150 for support?  It seems to be different from the one I use when I log in to the virginmedia.com site, but I can't find where to change it for when I phone virginmedia with a problem.

I just had to make a support call and when asked for the usual 1st 3rd and 5th character the guy said I'd given him the wrong replies.  Of course it may just be that he didn't understand what I was saying.

Cheers,

Robert

39 REPLIES 39

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your MVM password has nothing to do with your account password.

Your account password has to be changed by customer services, as it only comes up on their systems.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

So how do I do that when they insist on the password before tatalki to me?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Wrong password will still put you through but you will go through an alternative validation process to confirm you are the account holder.

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Duke_sc. 

Apologies that you're having issues with your memorable word when calling in. We can send you a reminder out in the post, I'll private message you in order to get this arranged. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks I appreciate it.

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's all sorted now duke_sc, thanks for posting on the community 🙂 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Me and my wife are looking to upgrade but also cannot remember the account password as this was several years ago. She is the account holder and I pay the bills and have the emails.. Can we arrange the same? for the account password to be sent out in the post so we can get look into getting a upgrade.. 

Hi Paul1989,

The account holder would have to contact us to request the memorable word reminder letter.

This can be done via texting our team. 

If it's relating a cable account, the number is 07533051809. The team are available from 8am-7pm, Monday to Friday.

If it's relating a mobile account, the number is 07533016422. The Mobile Messaging Team will be available Monday - Friday 8am – 9pm, Saturday 8am-8pm and Sunday 8am-6pm,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello is it possible to get my reminder sent out in the post also please? I’ve recently ordered a phone with you and I’m wanting to change my contract to the option with AirPods and by ringing and texting I’m getting nowhere. They keep asking me for certain characters of a password.. I’ve only set up a password for the virgin mobile but they keep telling me my characters are wrong so I have no idea on what password it is.  Also do you know if I have to wait for my phone to be delivered first before I can just swap over my contract or will they have to cancel it and start from scratch 

thanks for your help