Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receive price hire email and VM refuses to compensate for lost of service

bromleyuser
Joining in

Hi

I wonder if someonefrom virgin media can help

1. today is 28 Feb 2023, but I have not received any email or oost regarding the April price hire. There is not way to communicate with Virgin Media by writing. How to find out if price hire apples to my account in writing?

2. Due to a fire in my building, Virgin Media broadband service was down for 21 days. but Virgin Media refused to pay for compensation, says it was impacted by area down, won't pay compensation. Is the Virgin Media has right to refuse? anyone has similar experience?

Thank you for help in advance

Henry

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Henry, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received any communication. As we have done in previous years, we are phasing our price rise across two months which ensures we can best serve customers during this period. If affected, you will receive a personalised communication that will detail any specific change to your monthly charge. 

In terms of automatic compensation, this is only payable if the fault is with Virgin Media. If there was a fire in your building that resulted in the connection going down then the automatic compensation scheme wouldn't apply and when the account is automatically assessed it would come back as ineligible. 
If you have any further questions or issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs