Menu
mirzaair
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

(not) Unpaid bill referral to debt collectors!

A few months ago I cancelled my Virgin media package. I paid all my bills and had a chat with the customer service adviser and I had zero outstanding balance. Then after a month, I received an email that I need to pay another £17.24 as outstanding bill. In two occasions I called virgin media to understand where was this bill coming from. I had to wait 35 min and then around 45 min to speak to someone with no luck! Third time I got lucky (after a 20+min wait) and the customer service adviser said she was transferring the lie to someone which never happened! Now I got a letter from VM's debt collection agency that I if I don't pay this bill, they will take actions against me! So I have been calling them and despite long long wait each time, no one picks up the phone! I tried many many time and the same thing- no one picks up the phone. VM doesn't let me talk to them and the debt collection agency does the same. At this situation, for me its not a matter of £17 I feel like being harassed and its an extortion rather than collecting bill! I would be grateful to get some VM customer service department. I'm more than happy to pay if I genuinely owe anything, but this is not the way to grab money!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: (not) Unpaid bill referral to debt collectors!

Thanks for your post mirzaair, and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've faced with our team

I'd be happy to look into this for you, please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: (not) Unpaid bill referral to debt collectors!

Another example of making sure a customer doesn't return.

I am amused by being told to pay all final bills, then they will refund anything owed back to me. 

Compounded with posts here of people not being able to get their refunds.

Multi-billion pound company and their billing is shocking. 

Bit like a Supermarket saying your groceries looks like a hundred quids worth, give us the hundred, 

we'll see if you're entitled to any change, and send you it by cheque in 45 days.

0 Kudos