cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to cancel my virgin media contract online?

sarahasbury
Joining in

hello I have just had an email about the prices going up in march therefore I have decided that I would like to cancel my virgin media contract. I have Asperger's which is a type of autism so for me doing it over the phone is very difficult to handle and would prefer it if I could do it online without having to physically talk to someone. is it possible for someone from virgin media to help me do this please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sarahasbury 

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sarahasbury 

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sarahsbury, 

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you are wanting to leave. We are unable to process cancelations via the forum but @newapollo has given you our other options to cancel the service, where you do not need to call us 🙂 

Zoie

am i allowed to have a family member call up virgin media on my behalf with me there to cancel my contract for me if i give permission over the phone for that person to do so?

some things can be done like that not sure about cancellations - make sure you speak to a UK agent and see if they can sort it

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@sarahasbury wrote:

am i allowed to have a family member call up virgin media on my behalf with me there to cancel my contract for me if i give permission over the phone for that person to do so?

Hypothetically, of course, VM can have no idea who is actually calling them, if your family member claims to be you and can provide all of the necessary information then they really have no option but to accept it.

So if it really was you calling what would VM ask to ‘prove’ it was you? There is a telephone ‘password’ they should ask for, do you have one and if so do you know it so you can let your friend know? Otherwise, it’s things like amount on the bill each month, the exact date that the bill is paid etc. As long as you know all of these and the person calling on your behalf knows them as well, then I can’t see there being an issue.

Just a word of warning, 150 now takes you to an Indian call centre and getting the agent to accept that you're leaving and put the cancellation through is *extremely* hard work. It's just taken me 40 minutes on the phone. Use the text option or write the letter.

And obviously, this is one ex-customer that will never, ever return to Virgin if there is *any* other option.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shahram1979

Thanks for posting on our community forum 

Sorry to hear you're looking to leave us. If you contact our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 they'll be happy to process this for you 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs