cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't get through to anyone to cancel my contract

Anaferreira6
Tuning in

I need urgently to cancel my contract but no one answers the phone. Can i just cancel the direct debit?

53 REPLIES 53

Dmt06
Tuning in

Yeah I think that should work, but might have problems for you in the future if you wish to sign up with Virgin in the future.... I’m having the opposite problem I want to renew my contract which runs our in a month and my bill goes up from £92 p/m to £142, which is massive and I really want to get it sorted cause I’m very very happy with my package especially the internet as I use it a lot and can get speeds up to 480 mbps, but it’s not worth , £142 a month I tried to everyday and was on hold today for over and hour only to be hung up on and not speaking to anyone! Wat do we do? Anyone?

is there an email address that I can send to?

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Anaferreira6,

I am sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel your contract. 

I can appreciate that the call wait times are frustrating at the moment, but we do ask that you call us if you're looking to leave us. I wouldn't recommend cancelling your direct debit without letting us know. 

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Thank you for your reply. I have tried 3 times and each time i waited longer than 30 min and suddenly the calls switchs off. Can you give me an email or an address please?

Good morning. I am sorry for the call experience.

The only other way to cancel the contract would be to write to us at the address here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Why don't you just let people downgrade their out of contract services online during this time? You're making a big song and dance about only calling when urgent etc. Well this would reduce your call volume hugely.

Come on, do the right thing here, people need to slash their costs, especially the vulnerable people you claim to want to help.

We do appreciate the frustration with this and we are trying to help all of our customers when and where we can. 

Our apologies for any frustration caused by this. 

^Martin

Being hung up after holding on for ages seems to be a trick they've used for years..... I need to cancel my TV package/reduce bill due to coronovirus. 

I do appreciate the frustration with that you would need to call in to cancel the services. 

^Martin