cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot password when I want to talk over phone

richieg
Tuning in

I have forgotten the password to talk over the phone and cant alter my virgin package. 

It was well over 10 years since I made the password and have no idea what it was.

Is there a way to reset it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @richieg 

When calling if you don't enter any password details an agent should pick the phone up and be able to ask other questions to validate you as the account holder.  Have your bill handy as most questions will relate to that.

They should be able to send you a password reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @richieg 

When calling if you don't enter any password details an agent should pick the phone up and be able to ask other questions to validate you as the account holder.  Have your bill handy as most questions will relate to that.

They should be able to send you a password reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

"They should be able to send you a password reminder through the post"

out of interest, any way to get them to do that without telephoning them ?

I just spoke to retentions, and like the OP, couldn't remember the password (been at least two years) - didn't matter as I could answer their other questions to identify myself... but i'd like to remind myself what it is for next time.

Thank you for your help. Was able to reset over phone 😃

Hi richieg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue with resetting your password. I am glad you were able to get things sorted though. 

Should you have any further issues, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi janus, 

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue remembering your password. 

We're not able to remind you of what the password is via the forums however we can either reset it for you or we can arrange for a reminder letter to be sent out. 

To update the password, we would need to initially pass data protection with you. To do this I will need you to reply to the private message I have just sent you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

If you would prefer a reminder letter, just reply back here instead and I'll arrange for that to be sent to you 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Alex38
Tuning in

I don't remember my password to talk over the phone and i don't know how to find what it was,how can I reset it?

Hi Alex38

Can I please ask what it was you needed to talk about

I can post the memorable word out for you 

I will need to pass security first by asking alternative questions on a private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I manage to talk eventually it was about my brodband activation for my new home,it suppose to be activated today but I got a massage that it couldn't do it,and I try to call the support and they asked for security password.i got another message that they activate my brodband but is still not working,and I still don't know the password,I will wait until tomorrow because I am at work at the moment.

Thanks Alex38

Let me send you a private message any way 

That way you have some form of support without the need to call 

Gareth_L