Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: discount package coming to an end, how to get a better deal?

Its been almost 2 weeks since sending the text and not heard anything is this normal?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi a7mag3ddon,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see our team have not yet been able to respond.

I would advise giving our team a call on 0345 454 1111 when our call agents will be working from 8am tomorrow morning so we can discuss your account and see what offers we'll have available for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Is it a coincidence that my internet keeps dropping the day after i re-signed up for another 12 months?

After my initial install 12 months ago and bedding in period its been rock solid for 12 months.

Do i need to restart the modem because ive signed back up to the same contract?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi a7mag3ddon,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointing to hear you're having issues with our internet services, we understand the frustration caused when things don't work as they should.

Upon checking remotely from our end we can seen no issues that would be causing any drop outs. All power levels are within spec and there are no area faults which are affecting you. 

When you are having the drop outs are you losing connection to one device or all devices connected? 

Please let us know of the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Its all devices, the virgin modem led goes White, then it starts to come back up and i can log in, when i do the phone is still red on the modems home page then the phone comes green and all works again.

Its now happed today twice 29/06.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having this type of issues.

Does the hub flash any green lights while it's reloading after the dropouts? Does this happen at any particular times of the day?

I have looked into your background data and can see no issues that would be causing this. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 37
Flag for a moderator

The hub light which is usually a purpley red(using in modem mode) goes white when i have lost internet.

I am unable to log in to the hub 3 box for a few seconds but but when i can get in both the internet and telephony are greyed out, after another minute the internet light comes on, quickly followed by the telephony green light.

There is no particular times of the date, it seems random but will do it 2 or 3 times within say 20 minutes or so then be find again for the rest of the day.

The only reason i notice it more is im working from home and i loose my VPN to work and VOIP phones which is frustrating.

I have been working from home since 1 week before UK lockdown but this connection issue only started the day after i renewed my contract, i know its got to be a coincidence but there you go.

Could it be a faulty box? ( been fine for my first years contract though)

I have restarted the power plug that goes to the outside of the house as well but still the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi a7mag3ddon,

It seems strange that the hub base light turns white when you lost connection, as it would start flashing green which indicates no connection coming into the property. The white light just indicates that the hub is in router mode and should be ready to go with no issues.

Would you please be able to set up a Broadband Quality Monitor so we can view the performance of your broadband that way? Here's the link https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality  Please come back and post the graph results here once it's complete.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 37
Flag for a moderator

My light is usually Purple/ RED when working correctly. not green.

Ok no probs, i have just set that up. will keep an eye on it now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a7mag3ddon,

Look forward to hearing back from you with the BQM graph 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos