Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

discount package coming to an end, how to get a better deal?

Hello,

I had an email saying my discounted package is coming to an end, been with VM for a year almost.

Tried to call up using the number in the email but after pressing what i thought were the correct numbers i was either told i could do it online or told to enter my phone number and a link would be sent. I was also told to go package change on the webiste but i cant find a suitable page for that either.

Is there any other way to get to speak to somone directly about either a, changing package to cheaper or keeping current package at same cost? I cant afford the £60 a month new cost in 30 days.

I currently have M250 with Phone, no tv packages at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: discount package coming to an end, how to get a better deal?

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum. See here for more info https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Don't get your hopes up for a better offer - VM are currently trying to avoid discounting, so the probability is that the best offer will be a paltry discount of a couple of quid but still a twelve month lock-in, and for some customers they won't discount even if the customer says (and does) leave.  You MIGHT get a discount if you take on a bigger package, and sometimes that's advantageous even if you don't want anything extra, although in a year's time they'll be telling you your discount is ending and the standard rate bill will be astronomical.  But the old practice of phoning up and politely asking for a discount seems to have been blocked for the time being.

Since you'll have to wait some days for a call back (indeed, if the call back ever materialises), use the time instead to see what other ISP deals are open to you.  Take a look at Uswitch or similar sites, but if you don't want TV then additionally consider the smaller ISPs like AAISP, uno, Aquiss, IDNet, or Zen Internet, all of whom have far better records for customer service and tech support than the big ISPs.  I can speak from experience of Zen, and they were excellent, as well as having deals structured in manner more comparable to the large ISPs than perhaps the others on that short list.  Give some thought to what your "break point" price is with Virgin Media, and then if you know what you can get elsewhere, and what price would cause you to switch, then you'll be fully prepared to deal with VM, whether they call you, or some normality returns and you phone them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

HI a7mag3ddon, we are sorry to hear that your discount is about to expire, we would recommend that you text us at 07533 051 809 so that we can check what offers are available. Responses are not immediate. - Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thankfully never had an issue with VM and the speed is wicked fast, no other provider can get close, 88mbit is fasted ive had with others now i get 380 every time.

If i cantr get another discount ill drop to 200 then back to 350, maybe in 12 months it will be even faster for same price.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Chris_w

What do i put in the text message?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi a7mag3ddon, 

Just state what it is you need help with 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks thats what i did in the end just sit a wait for a reply now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can i lower my package myself via the website ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a7mag3ddon,

You're not able to downgrade your package online sorry, you'll get a response on the messaging service as soon as possible.

Few automated responses to begin with, just to make sure you're passed to the right department and an agent that can help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos