Menu
Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant create account

Hi Adam

Just wondering if you are any further forward with this issue?

Unfortunately I'm not. 😞

Regards

Hazel

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Hayze,

As stated in my private message, I will need the previous account number to perform the move and transfer, I am trying to find a way around this at the moment.

Please bear in mind that our Forum messaging is not an instant messaging service, so sometimes you may not receive an immediate response.

I will keep you updated as soon as I have more information 🙂 Please also note, that upon deeper investigation the issues surrounding yours and @Peengys My Virgin Media access are caused by 2 very different things so they may take different lengths of time to resolve.

Kind regards,

Serena

0 Kudos
Peengy
Dialled in
Message 13 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hazel,

No, I have been told I can not create an account before the equipment is installed. It doesnt make any sense as the website tells you to log into your account to change the installation date (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-manage-engineer-appointment). Apparently this is wrong. I am very surprised I am the first person to ever come across this issue.

I'm going to have to wait for over a week before I can try and sort this out again now.

I was told they could try and do an account transfer (or something) if I provided my old account number (which I did) but it will have to wait until I get the install done first I think.

I hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Best of luck,

Adam

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @Hayze

Just to update you: I have managed to locate your previous account details and shall be performing the move and transfer for you now. Please allow 48 hours for this to go through 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam

Sorry to hear that. I know, it's crazy! Also being constantly told that you can find your answer online when you're on hold on the phone when you can't log in to My Virgin Media. I got mine installed on Friday after being with Sky for 18 months like yourself, hoping I will not regret the decision to move to Virgin Media.

We are certainly not the only people to have this problem as a quick search on this forum will prove.

Good luck and I hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Sorry for jumping on your post, I did create my own but got nowhere.

Kind Regards

Hazel

Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Serena

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to speak to someone on the phone last week who assured me that this had been done and to wait 48 hours but unfortunately this didn't happen. Hopefully it will work this time, if not, I will have no other choice than to raise a complaint as I've exhausted every avenue available to me.

Thanks again for your help.

Hazel

Peengy
Dialled in
Message 17 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hazel,

No worries, glad it looks like your issue is getting sorted out now.

Hope you dont regret your move either. After using both I do prefer Sky. I hope Virgin has made improvements since I was last with them.

I know last time I was irritated with live sporting events overrunning and Virgin not being able to adapt their recordings to not cut off the end like Sky can for example.

Sky annoyed me by sending me a letter mid contract saying my bill was going up by £7 a month so Virgin are getting a second chance.

Hope it all goes well

Kind regards,

Adam

Peengy
Dialled in
Message 18 of 86
Flag for a moderator

For anyone stumbling across this thread this is an update. Nothing has been done about this. It has now been 8 weeks since I first raised this issue and well over a week since I last heard back from anyone.  I have had no explanation as to why this is the case and have not been given an ETA as to when I can expect a fix. It seems strange a media company is so bad at communication.

As far as I have been lead to believe all it needs is an account transfer to allow me to use an email address that I previously used to create an account when I was a Virgin media customer before. I was told this would take 5 working days.

I have called about this, got in contact via Twitter and been talking to staff with private messages. Whilst everyone is pleasant and nice to talk to I have seen no progress at all with this problem and it feels like, now that Virgin is getting my money and I am well past my cancellation period, the company just is not interested in doing anything.

Without being able to create an account you can not use the Virgin Media Go app and neither can I keep an eye on the progress of the complaint I have had raised as part of this issue.

If anyone is thinking of returning to Virgin Media after being a previous customer it would be worth considering this issue and the customer service they provide if this would be an issue for you.

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Peengy

I'm really sorry that you have not received any updates regarding the issue, I understand how frustrating this must be.

I have checked on the progress of the IT ticket raised and it still says 'Assigned' so I'm afraid I am unable to offer any further updates at this time. I will chase them up and see what is happening here.

Regarding your complaint raised, did you receive a complaint reference? Have you tried tracking thr progress of your complaint using the reference at this link: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/view?

Apologies again for the time this is taking to resolve,

Serena

0 Kudos
Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peengy

I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling to sign into My Virgin Media. You're absolutely right about the appalling customer service from Virgin BUT this can be done and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

I eventually got my "move and transfer" successfully carried out last week. It has taken a ridiculous amount of time and effort on my part but if you shout loud enough and are persistent hopefully you will get there.

I had to escalate my complaint to a Manager, this was not easy as I was told by a VM staff member on this forum that I couldn't sign in with the same email address and the Manager would just tell me the same as him. He was incorrect, as were many of the VM customer service agents that I communicated with. I still had to chase up the manager several times and eventually got this issue resolved. Even the manager agreed that what should have been a simple matter had ended up being ridiculously complicated.

Still waiting to hear back about any compensation 🙄

Hope this message bumps up your complaint and best of luck, you need the patience of a saint to be a VM customer.