Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cancelled service being billed again?

as above i gave notice of cancellation of my broadband,phone and tv contract last monthbut have received a bill today for coming month.please sort out virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelled service being billed again?

if you have not yet canceled you will be billed as normal until the disconnection date.
This is normal

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @zenith66

Sorry to understand that you are leaving us. 

As our VIP @apcyberax has advised, you will be billed as normal during your 30 days disconnection period. Any bills during this period will need to be paid as normal. 

Once your account has fully closed, you'll get a final bill; this is usually around 10 days after your account has closed. 

This final bill will then show any pro-rate credits you may be owed for services you have paid for in advance and not used. This will be refunded to you via a Cheque refund. This is processed around 35 days after your account has closed. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi i phoned virgin to cancel as advised and my account has even closed and messaged that my account has closed so why on earth am i being billed for another month and having to wait for reimbursment which seems to be the outcome?

very confused and disappointed

andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

So we bill in advance, which potentially will mean you will be billed for dates after the cancellation of the account. 

Then when the account disconnects, a final statement will be produced, normally in credit for any overpayments.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos