Menu
jimpob80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cancellation

I have just spent the last half an hour on the phone to simply cancel my contract as I'm moving house. I was transferred to the wrong department twice and then in trying to transfer me to the correct department they cut me off instead.

Surely there is an easier way of simply cancelling my contract. I don't want to take the services with me either.

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation

Have you tried the online messenger chat for Moving Home? Scroll down and click on the red Message Us icon contact-us/moving-home 

Please note it's not available 24/7 as phone calls take priority.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved?Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jimpob80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that option doesn't work as I'm not taking any services with me, as such they are not interested.

I have written to Virgin with no response, I have just spent another half an hour on the phone and whilst finally talking to the correct person I was cut off, again.

They are literally making it impossible for me to cancel.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Jimpob80 and welcome to our community.

We're not able to put through cancellations or package changes over the forum but if you're moving home you would need to call the house moves team on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 3, this would be even if you're not taking services with you. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
jimpob80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

I have called that number and I've been cut off twice, most recently 20 minutes ago.

I am sending my 2nd letter recorded delivery today to get this cancelled as I don't have the time to waste sitting on hold only to be hung up on when I eventually get through to the right person.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, you can send 30 days notice to the address in the terms and conditions

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos