cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not register online account get DEF01 error code

JethroPooly
Tuning in

I have been unable to create online account for months tried on old account number and failed been on several webchats and phone call and no solution or timeframe for this.  ben on facebook suggest posting on here so you can respond and fix.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JethroPooly

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear of the online account issue. Can you confirm, are you trying to re-register using an old email account you used previously with us, or a brand new registration? Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Create a new account with an old email

I had an account as I have been a customer with Comcast/NTL and VM since 1997 that one disappeared so when I try and reset password for that it say no account exists create a new one, so I try and sometimes get to strong password screen then get the DEF01 error sometimes get the error when I add postcode a few screen before.

The email I am using is an @Ntlworld.com one and I am still receiving emails 

You telephone support guy say as it is a new account then I have to create a new online account.

I have asked twice on support calls for them to recreate/create the account on behalf and send password link and last guy yesterday (Russell) tried and said it was not possible due to ongoing outage .  Two support calls/guys before said they where not allowed to for security reasons, even though I had passed all security questions and asked them to so full permission granted   The two webchats before that they went through and one said wait 24 hours one said ongoing issue, and if memory serves me right the two before that one support just cut me off and the other said wait 8 hours. 

This is very frustrating

Thanks for coming back to me. Okay so the process with an old account is a Move and Transfer. I'll send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill