cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question how to contact your Complaints team!

alyandrob
On our wavelength

I spent 2 hours on Friday trying to get through on Virgin's Chat to resolve a query about the price increase but it was impossible to do so due to not knowing my telephone passcode - instead of telling me how to reset it (which I later found out through a search on this forum), I was asked to answer 3 security questions. Fine, but it took an hour for the questions to be sent, 10 minutes break at least between each response, so by the time I finally got through that stage I no longer had time to run through my query!
I have tried to log this as a complaint, asking someone to call me and instead I receive a text message saying you've tried to call (which is a lie) and could I call back on 150 instead.  I have just tried doing so, and there is no Complaints option ..... unsurprisingly!  So after wasting too much time on the phone trying to say no to all options (no I don't want a text message reminding me how to view my bills online) I once again had to give up, because I do actually have a day job - neccessary to pay these ridiculously high bills. 
I can't even find the option to go to Retentions/Close my Account.  Is this how you keep your customers on your ever increasing prices, by making it absolutely impossible to leave?

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Keenzo
Up to speed

retentions is

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alyandrob

You will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the services you have. Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

We have recruited additional resource for when customers want to get in touch. You are able to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111. You can also chat to us online via our website.

Our complaints code of practice can be found here outlining how you can raise your concerns with us. If you have already been provided with a reference you can check it online here

Rob

Client62 - yes, I tried that page (obviously, the first thing I did!).  I logged my complaint and requested a call.  As per my post, I then got a text back claiming they tried to call me, which is an absolute lie, and I had to call 150 to speak to someone.  Again, as per my post, today I wasted another 30 minutes trying to go through all the options to get to complaints, which clearly doesn't exist.

Rob,

As per my post, I have tried to report a complaint and got a text message claiming you'd tried to call me back!  I wasted 30 minutes this morning trying to navigate all the automated options on 150, Virgin have made it as impossible as they can to contact anyone.

seriously, does anyone from Virgin actually read posts or just respond with the bog standard reply.  If it was possible to speak to someone via 150 without going through all the hurdles, wouldn't I have done so already?

alyandrob
On our wavelength

Thanks Keenzo,  I will try again tomorrow morning.  It would be good customer service if it was possible to speak to someone at Virgin without asking to leave, but that's asking way too much of them.

Just be aware the Virgin Media retentions process does not begin until you have phoned and cancelled the service.

Don't phone to complain. The support person will just absorb that and take all the time in the world to do nothing.