Menu
markal1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why wont they give me the offered upgrade?!

Hi All, 

I am out of contract on a broadband only deal of 200 meg broadband at £33 per month. 

I have an upgrade offer on my account showing as 200 broadband & Mix TV for £34 per month, including a Loyalty discount of £22 per month for 18 months. 

The problem is, when i try to purchase this deal online, it takes off my loyalty discount and tries to put it through at the full price. 

On Saturday i spent 3 hours on chat, with the call handlers just trying to upsell me and then when i said im not interested in add ons or spending more money, they pass me through to another dept, eventually they told me i would have to ring to get the deal. 

After calling and spending another 90 minutes on the phone, they told me i have to email proof of the deal on my account and then someone would call me back.........they havent called back.

So i've called again today and the call handler couldnt help then just put me back in the queue?

What can i do? This deal is still available to me online and i have emailed them screenshots, why are they avoiding this?!

I'm really disgusted with the service 

Thanks for any help

Mark

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why wont they give me the offered upgrade?!

Tee up a new ISP, then phone up VM to cancel.  Given the history it's possible (albeit unlikely) that the "inbound call" retentions agent will give you the deal you want.  If they don't turn them down, and tell them that you'd like to stay with VM, but the proposition is still too poor value.  Chances are good (no guarantees) you'll be rung by the outbound retention staff and they will offer you the deal you want, or very similar.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos