cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why must I wait 30 days to get disconnected?

newdivert
On our wavelength

I have disconnected all my Virgin equipment. I do not want to keep the land line number. It took 30 hours on What'sApp to get Virgin to agree to cancel my contract. Now they have sent an email to say they are going to disconnect in 30 days time, and I need to pay for this extra month.

Is it possible to argue against this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have no argument.

Terms and conditions state clearly you must give 30 days notice of discontinuance which is charged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have no argument.

Terms and conditions state clearly you must give 30 days notice of discontinuance which is charged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newdivert
On our wavelength
I know....
But just asking 🙂

The price increase letter says I can cancel before 17th March with no cancellation fees; but even if I had cancelled immediately I couldn't have given 30 days notice.

Cancellation fees refer to the exorbitant early termination charges that would ordinarily be demanded for cancellation in the fixed term element of contract.

Check the T&Cs of any supplier you're moving to - whilst you'll get big new customer discounts, all large suppliers are imposing similar increases and the built in inflation clauses that VM are doing.  If you don't want that (and so long as you're not after a TV package) then consider Zen Internet.

Thank you.