Menu
ship69
Tuning in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have Virgin Media increased their cable broadband prices (Oct 2019)? Whatever happened to Moores

> Because that's the game, you pretend to leave they give you a rubbish deal.  You actually leave and then they know your
> serious and give you a good deal.

This is a game that they lost. I made it 100% clear that I was leaving and they offered me nothing until a few days later, by which time it was way too late. And now not only shall I never do business with Virgin Media again, but also I will tell anyone who will listen, to never do business with Virgin Media unless they want the same treatment.

groovysomething
Tuning in
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have Virgin Media increased their cable broadband prices (Oct 2019)? Whatever happened to Moores

Trying to leave but after waiting on the telephone line forever I gave up today. They have **bleep** customer service. I'm currently looking at other providers now.

Grrrrr

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I too cancelled yesterday (customer for 10 years after Sky for previous 10)

my 47£ ‘discounted’ rate was going to £70 including the new increase for my bundle 200mb, expensive phone calls, and full house tv

the tv service is bordering on useless in an era of Netflix, Amazon , curzon, sky movies and sports, there is little argument for virgin given that they drop channels regularly and can never offer channels like Atlantic, they don’t use their profit for content like Sky Amazon and Netflix do, I do however kind of like the V6 box for convenience.. pausing tv, if anyone has a easy alternative let me know.

i have 4 weeks until cut off date we will see what they offer and in the meantime I am thinking of going for Zen internet for 35£ and buy a Now Entertainment pass, but still shopping

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

If GBP takes a nosedive after Brexit, then next years price increase will have to be higher Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yeah blame Brexit - when you can't think of anything else, nor anything of Intelligence to say!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dante01
Well-informed
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:
Yeah blame Brexit - when you can't think of anything else, nor anything of Intelligence to say!

I don't think that he was accrediting Brexir for the last VM price increase and believe that he is predicting that there will be another incrase to cover the additional running costs Brexit is more than likely to incur upon Virgin Media next year? This will however be the same for all of the service providers and will not be exclusive to VM. Virgin Media still have to try offset the additional taxes they've had to pay in lieu of increased assets so I'd suspect you'll be getting price increases for at least the next 2 years to cover this irrespective of how brexit goes.

0 Kudos