Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 11 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: What Price Loyalty?

I have to say, in the past VM have always offered me a great deal to keep me. I only moved to Sky 18 months ago as i wanted UHD content (Sky Sports, Cinema, TV shows).

So I am coming back to VM on 8th Feb 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 44
Flag for a moderator

..and that is part of my issue. The Indian call centre really couldn't care less and I was furious. They had a really 'take it or leave' attitude and so much gets lost within the nuances of language and dialogue as well, that it wasn't possible for me to reason with the guy I spoke with. Like I said, I will try again and see if I c=get this resolved and happy to post here when I do so - regardless of outcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 44
Flag for a moderator

See this thread for some hope !

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Contract-Renewal/td-p/4138430

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 44
Flag for a moderator

You really couldn't make this up! I contacted the 'call centre' which operates out of the Philippines earlier today to see what re-adjustments could be made to my TV package/bundle.. I specifically ask the customer service person to remove The Sky Movies package only and that I wanted to keep all the Sports Channels including BT Sport... she negotiated a new deal and a price which I agreed with..... and I thought that was it.... until a summary of my new deal came through....reducing the bundle size to 'Mix TV', which I never asked for and that excludes the very channels I specifically asked her to keep!!! So, I am no further forward, back to square one and seriously hacked off! Can someone at Virgin Media please take note of this, contact me on here and allow me to get in touch with someone 'locally' who can respond to a simple instruction?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 15 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Package/Bundles cannot be amended on here best you can hope for is a site admin speaking to you through a personal message. If you call 150 options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving that will take you through to retentions call as early as possible they open at 8am calling early might cut down on wait time.You may stand a chance of getting UK call centre but I cannot guarantee that. One of the main issues with VM is they changed there Tv bundles in the last year so what was straight forward a year ago has now become more complex.When you call and get overseas call centre something as simple as a bundle change can be stress inducing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@JollityFarm wrote:

You really couldn't make this up! I contacted the 'call centre' which operates out of the Philippines earlier today to see what re-adjustments could be made to my TV package/bundle..

As I said (or maybe it wasn't clear and it was just implied) in the thread I linked to above.....

That seems to be the key. At busy times you seem to get routed to the offshore droids as a first line of deflection - when you say to them you want to cancel they "have" to connect you to someone else who is actually empowered to negotiate.

The offshore lot will try and change your package - but the consequences of that are often what you have experienced.   Say you just want to cancel the whole lot, and they have to transfer you to someone better trained who should be more able to negotiate you a new deal more satisfactorily - and right the wrongs.  Unlikely the VM mods on here can help progress this.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Stress-inducing is an understatement! Thanks so much for your response. Appreciate that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Virgin like other companies wont give you a discount unless they believe you actually are going to leave, I suspect they are calling your bluff and it appears to have worked

Super solver
Message 19 of 44
Flag for a moderator

sky, virgin etc increase their price for long standing customers. many long standing customers are there because they cant be bothered to change. those long standing customers that do want to change threaten sky, virgin etc that they will leave if they do not get a discount.

there is no loyalty from anyone. it is a myth that there has ever been loyalty.

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 20 of 44
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am quite happy to bounce between Virgin and Sky every 12 to 18 months.

Sky offered me everything bar BT Sports for £88 a month and that took some haggling. When I saw VM were offering a free Xbox One, plus I would get £160 cashback from Quidco, I used my 14 day cooling off to quit Sky. They then offered me it for £84, still without BT Sports!

Almost a week later and i have not had the begging call from them, so my dealings with Sky are dead, until my VM contract ends.

But as I said above, i found VM much more willing to keep me, offered me a great deal, but i wanted UHD Sky Sports and Cinema so moved to Sky.