Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What Loyalty?!

Absolutely shocking customer service,waited to speak to someone in Retentions for 30 mins as I wanted to talk to someone about changing the Big Kahuna to the Big Bundle package. I’ve been paying £114 a month for over 2 years and have been a Virgin customer for over 20 years so wanted the deal a new customer would get...I was offered the deal with Sky Sports for £98 a month which is a normal price with no discount which is £30 a month more than a new customer I believe...the guy on phone didn’t care less about my loyalty and offered to put me through to disconnections which I said he could do. So the guy puts me through and surprisingly enough I was on hold for another 30 mins with no updates with no resolution. Disgraceful, an hour of my wasted time, I will be cancelling my direct debit and I bet someone gets back to me then!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What Loyalty?!

your not a new customer

and yes the debt collection agency 

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'the guy on phone didn’t care less about my loyalty;

yet you want to pay less than the 'loyal' customers who pay what they are meant to pay. you aren't loyal. people stay because it suits themselves not because they are worried staff will lose their jobs or some affinity towards virgin. they generally leave because they want things cheaper than the going rate.

'I will be cancelling my direct debit and I bet someone gets back to me then!!'

the debt collectors will certainly be very quickly.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So you think the customer service waiting for an hour is ok? I wanted and still do want to leave, I’m not haggling for a better price after I was kept wailing with no reply, so maybe I should retitle what customer service?!

0 Kudos
Legend
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is no such thing as loyalty is business transactions. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@MickyT42 wrote:

So you think the customer service waiting for an hour is ok? I wanted and still do want to leave, I’m not haggling for a better price after I was kept wailing with no reply, so maybe I should retitle what customer service?!

Sky & BT are not much better. When BBC Watchdog called their numbers a while ago they both took around 30 minutes to pick up.

New customer pricing is unsustainable if you offer it to everyone. The deals are there to get people to switch & the telecom regulator actively encourages this behaviour as it has to justify that competition in the market is working & people are switching providers regularly to make their figures look good.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

At last a sensible response rather than the usual troll like replies. In some respects you may be right but Sky are offering same type of package at £72 a month for 12 months,I’m not asking for the price to be matched but that’s over £500 I can save and then review after that time. Anyhow I’ve sent an email to the complaints dept about customer service and a request to leave, I’ve had no response from yesterday yet, maybe because it’s the weekend now. I’m not waiting an hour again to be fobbed off on some other phone line which basically parks your call till you get fed up of waiting! Good work Virgin, good work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM has no email addresses that are monitored so you wont have a reply by email

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos