Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 31 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website keeps signing me out?

Thanks for confirming, can you try clearing the cache and cookies?

Let me know if there's any change 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 32 of 40
Flag for a moderator

thats pointless, as I have said I have used multiple browsers on multiple machines, its NOT a cache issue and you know people have already done that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Murvalous and Bixer,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'll take this information away and have our tech teams look into this. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 40
Flag for a moderator

HI All,

As I am currently collecting information regarding the webpage/log in issue and sending them to IT. I may PM you to get your log in details, device details[make/OS] and browser type since this is being requested by IT.

Thanks again

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 35 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just to go down on record - I first posted to this thread more than a year ago and I am also still suffering from this issue. Yes, I have tried on multiple devices, with different browsers and a clear cache/history.

It's particularly problematic right now as VM have closed (at least some of) their call centres for the COVID-19 pandemic, so whenever I try to call I am instructed to use the Message Us feature on their website. Unfortunately, the 'Message Us' hyperlink redirects me to the Sign In page, which then directs me to my account. As soon as I return to the page with the 'Message Us' hyperlink, the website has logged me out.

I'm not a legal expect, but I imagine that the fact that we have no way to make changes to our accounts (via phone or live chat) is a breach of some kind of consumer right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 36 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi tragicmike,

The phone lines are still open and accepting calls.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of your query, (for example regrade  should you be wanting to change package or seeking to pay less per month) to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi tragicmike,

Sorry to hear you're still having an issue with this, 

Can see that an IT ticket has been raised previously, the It team attempting to contact the account holder but were unsuccessful so the ticket was closed.

I've raised another ticket for this issue, you'll be able to check back here for updates.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 38 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Neither of these options work. The phone line is open, however if you follow the menus to my query (moving home) then you are instructed that the service is now only available online and the call is terminated. I also tried the text messaging service and received no text. Eventually, after clicking through pretty much the same cycle for around 30 minutes, I got a pop-up notification asking if I wanted to start a live chat (whilst still logged out, for the record). I can't replicate it now, so it seems as though it is just something that appears when the website realises that you're stuck.

It took a few hours, but I did get through to someone in the end. Now I just have to wait to see if my request works - it wouldn't be the first time that someone at VM made incorrect changes to my contract...

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 39 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thank you for checking. I did request a ticket last year, but received no attempts to contact me. Are you able to provide me with contact details of anyone in IT so that I can go directly to them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 40 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Mike,

phew, what a rigmarole you've been through.

I really hope that now you've made first contact (sounds like a sci fi movie) that the agent did their job properly. I'm pretty sure they will have set the ball rolling.

Keep in touch with @Alex_RM and see how things go, you're in safe hands there.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali