cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin reneged on written offer

Wrighty99
Joining in

Despite trying to contact Virgin at the end of my contract it proved impossible by any method. After holding for 90 minutes I was offered a new contract then the agent left the chat. When I eventually reconnected to a different agent she said she couldn’t honour the offer I had in writing and my only option was to cancel !  Having been a supposed priority customer and never missed a payment for the top package I’m now reluctantly having to search for a Sky or BT package to suit my needs. How sad !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Wrighty99 on the VM forums.

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get this package issue rectified.
As advised - reach out to us if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

pogit1
Up to speed

I’m having similar issues after well over a year of rubbish service I’m trying to cancel, I have plenty of notice and complaints to fix the issues I’m now out of contract (which I consider breached anyway) and I want out if admin see this please evaluate to a senior team so I can be contacted it’s not good enough! 

sorry for jumping on your post op but your not alone VM are a completely incompetent company.  My bills I view don’t match with theirs and it’s somehow my fault I can’t confirm their extra security.  You can’t make it up. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wrighty99, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with negotiating a new deal to extend your contract with us. Whilst any provisional offers are only valid at the time, any agent will be able to look into your account and offer what is live at the time. If your offer was no longer available then the agent can go through some other options for you. 

We have a vast variety of ways to contact us for help or support and I have listed a few here for you:

• ➡ Call: 150/03454541111
  • ➡ WhatsApp: 07305327112
  • ➡ Other contact options can be found here: virg.in/contactvm

We would hate to lose you over this so hopefully the team will be able to offer you a new deal. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi pogit1, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on our community. 

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with trying to cancel your services.  There are 3 ways in which you can do this.

1. You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  2. You can WhatsApp the team on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
  3. You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

In terms of getting through security, if you've forgotten your passphrase then you can update this by logging in to My VM here

Let us know if you have any further queries. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Wrighty99 on the VM forums.

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get this package issue rectified.
As advised - reach out to us if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team