cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin not honouring agreed package

Jnorv
Joining in

I originally agreed to a package including 200mb internet and virgin TV with BT sports for £45 per month.

I was then told about the Volt offer where an O2 sim would be added and the internet would be increased to 300mb for no extra cost. £30 would be paid to virgin, £15 to O2.

I then received my bill of £188.67.

(1st month £83.67 + 2nd month £85 + £35 activation fee - £20 discount correction)

I  contacted virgin who agreed that the bill was incorrect and it should have been £30 per month. I thought nothing more of the issue until the following month when I received an outstanding payment notice.

I contacted virgin again only to be told that the Volt product was miss-sold and the Volt offer did not include TV which is why I was having to pay £85.

I asked to be put back on the original contract without the Volt add on as I was not willing to pay anymore than £45 per month. Virgin refused stating that this deal was no longer available.

I am now left with an outstanding bill of £266.17

(£188.67 overdue+£85 monthly+£7.50 late payment -£15 discount correction.)

I have also paid £30 to O2 and am expecting a 3rd bill within the next few days.

Surely after being sold a product in error, Virgin have to stand by the original contract or honour the incorrectly sold package?

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jnorv, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've had here - not the service we aim to provide. Unfortunately on the forums we're unable to deal/handle with package/contract changes - this would need to be done by the team over the phone. The number to contact them would be: 0345 454 1111. They would be able to put this right for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks for your reply Ryan.

Unfortunately due to having an outstanding bill I cannot get through to speak to a real person. I get advised to make a payment.

Over the past week I have tried unsuccessfully with the Web chat / WhatsApp.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all. 

Having an outstanding bill would not restrict you from speaking to the team I 100% assure you. Can I ask when you have called, what has made you think that way? 

Cheers,

Ryan.