Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin haven't disconnected and closed my account (and now I am paying for two internet providers)

Has anyone had any luck escaping from Virgin Media?  Over the course of 18 months I have written and requested a cancellation as I've failed to get a hold of anyone to resize my (over auto-increasing) package to reflect the service I am actually getting as opposed to what they claim I am getting.  In desperation at no reply I have ported my number to another provider.  I was told that on porting my broadband would also cease on the day.  Well, my number has been ported but I've not heard a thing from virgin regarding what to do with the modem.  I am still connected and my account is still open.  I am still being billed.  I am also now under contract to another internet provider set up in anticipation of my escape.  I am on a very small income and cannot afford this double connection!

What can I do that doesn't involve phoning (I'm hard of hearing, it doesn't go well)?  I could maybe afford a solicitor as a one off, but what does one do if Virgin disavow letters?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin haven't disconnected and closed my account (and now I am paying for two internet provi...

Hi Quite_Irate,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having issues closing your account. You have advised that you have sent in a letter concerning the cancellation. Can I just confirm have you called into the Retention's team at any point to request the cancellation? 

^Martin

0 Kudos