Menu
ironard
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin account hasn't transferred

The Virgin account was set up by my housemate and they are currently moving out so we decided to transfer the account to me. I filled out all the paperwork and sent it off. Recently i got an email from virgin confirming e-billing with me (also illustrating that they received the paperwork or they would not have had my email address associated with that account). However when i went to set up a my virgin media account associated with account and reference numbers they sent me, I was told that the account was still under my housemates email address and the password i submitted in the paperwork doesn't allow access to the account.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin account hasn't transferred

Hello

When did you send the paper work though, as the Transfer of Responsibility is no longer an option that Virginmedia offer, you will need to cancel and then somebody will be able to start a new contract.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ironard
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's odd, since I got an email back today saying the Transfer of Responsibility was successful and the account name has been changed. However when I go to sort out My Virgin Media, the account is still under my housemates email address so I cant log in.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ironard

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Have you got the online account sorted since posting? 

If not, we'll need to also speak to the old account holder as well as yourself, to do data protection and we can then arrange a move and transfer of the online account from the old account to the new one. 

Let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos