Menu
KatyJohnson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV with Sky Sports add on

I am just in the process of signing up with Virgin Media for TV , broadband and home phone.

I just want to check that the add on for Sky Sports is a 30 day rolling contract ( and can therefore be cancelled with 30 days notice) and isn’t included in the 18 month contract.

Nowhere on the contract does it make this distinction and when I phoned Virgin Customer Service they assured me that I could cancel this part whenever I wished.  However they said that they could not send me anything to confirm this in writing.

I am nervous to sign up for this I only want the Sky Sports add on for 3 months.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV with Sky Sports add on

If you have Sky Sports as a chargeable add-on paying the standard non-discounted rate for it, then it is indeed cancellable with 30days notice.

If you have it discounted in any way, or choose a package that includes the channels as part of the bundle, that's where complications could arise.

Is there any specific TV package you're looking at? The "Ultimate Oomph" are generally the ones that include these channels as part of the package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KatyJohnson
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV with Sky Sports add on

Thanks for your reply.

i phoned their Customer Service again today and spoke to another person who again reiterated what the 2 previous  Virgin people have said in that the Sky Sports add on is outside the 18 month contract and so I only have to give 30 days notice to cancel it.

As I now have had 3 separate people from Virgin all saying this I have decided to go ahead with my contract. I would have preferred the contract to make this clearer or confirmation of what they said on the phone in writing but they say they are unable to do this.

0 Kudos