Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media and Topcashback

hi - On Monday 18 november 2019 i ordered a M200 virgin media braodband and phone deal. I went through Topcashback and choose the deal because it offered a £130 cashback, After many months of chasing this up with topcashback who kept saying they are waiting for Virgin media to approve the cashback. Only recently have topcashback got back to me and said that Virgin Media have declined my Cashback. The reason was because i broke "terms and conditions" according to them. They didint say what terms and conditions. I have asked them for a more detailed explanation as to what terms and conditions i have broken but they havnt replied. I explained to topcashback that i went through their website to virgin media site and choose the M200 deal. Evrything is up and running. I have not used any discount codes, vouchers or any other site to get this deal , nor has my virgin media package been changed, ammended or any late payments that i have made. I cannot see how virgin media say i have broken terms and conditions. They dont even give me an explanation as to what i suppose to have broke. Now ideally i would like to speak to someone at virgin media who actually knows about topcashback website and virgin media itself. i rang CS a few times, they havnt a clue as too what topcashback is..can you imagine that?, yet they both are working together to entice people into promises of cashback , yet when the time comes to pay out the cashback they decline it without any obvious reasons. Im hoping a virgin media agent who can help me with this is reading this and help me out here. I have the WS order number that i got from Virgin media when i first placed the order.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media and Topcashback

Thought this was a virgin media forum.. no agents or staff from vm  reading these forums..no reply..silence is often a sign of guilt..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You are correct in that this is a Virginmedia owned and staffed forum.  The VM moderators read all posts to ensure they comply with the community guidelines.

That said, you have posted in the community natter section, which is a general chat area and not an appropriate place to raise account issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok..can you move this thread into a account related issues section.. ta

And also how can you help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok then ..so anyone help me out..as to what terms and conditions I broke..to not get cashback..? I just want an explanation as to why and I need proof.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me too, last year.  I missed out on nearly £200.  TCB say I broke one of the terms and conditions and when I narrowed it down, it was the T&C about being a customer in the previous 12 months.  So in the end, they were right.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah..we never were a customer in the past 12 months..we were with talktalk ...and when talk talk finished we switched over to virgin media broadband.. did you actually speak to anyone at virgin cs? Preferably  here in th uk ..I keel getting overseas  cs and when I explain to them..they havnt got a clue as to what your on about. They keep saying you shudnt use third party providers to get deals with vm..yet its advertised openly on websites and on tv..strange that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chico123,  

Sorry to hear that you've been told that you haven't me the Terms and Conditions of an offer. We don't directly deal with 3rd party offers on here, only direct offers from our website so I'm unable to check the 3rd party offer in question. I've checked your accounts and cannot see any mention of any offers either.   Do you have anymore information about this offer?  

Thanks,   

Lisa

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes i have the original email from virgin media about my order number WS6503257. With this info im sure you can check for me and get back to me. ta

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Do you have the original offer from TopCashBack? It is very difficult for us to link third party offers to your account as we don't have sight of them as we only have sight of our own offers where our system automatically applies the offers.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos