cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Refuse to Honour Contract

SamSamN
On our wavelength

I have just had a fourth (possibly fifth) complaint raised to Virgin.  Here is a timeline of events:

1)  Service has been useless all along.  The boosters provided rarely worked and both sets broke.  I later raised as a point of contention that these were part of the contract and when I returned them (in itself made incredibly difficult by Virgin), they refused to reduce the monthly charges despite them clearly being a part of the agreed package.  I actually had to buy another router and use the useless Virgin hub as a modem to get anything like the speeds advertised. 

2)  I received a letter early in the year stating my price would increase by approximately £3.  I phoned up and was offered via automated message a much smaller increase, but I raised a complaint because I wanted it to remain the same or else I had the right to leave Virgin.

3)  I waited patiently for a reply to my complaint, but it turns out Virgin just closed it without informing me or taking any action!

4)  I opened a new complaint and it was agreed my bill would not increase.  In return, I would not leave Virgin and see out my contract.

5)  I noticed on my bill last month that the price had been increased by over £6 - approximately double the amount of the original increase which they had agreed wouldn't happen!

6)  I raised yet ANOTHER complaint, only to receive an e-mail stating that I had been notified my bill would increase and that I had no reason to complain.

7)  I have just spent an hour on the phone explaining all of this and got nowhere.  The person I spoke to has opened ANOTHER case, because their team manager Karol Abramowicz REFUSED to speak with me and deal with the problem.  I explained all of the above and that it was a breach of contract, because it had been agreed there would be no price increase, yet Mr. Abramowicz refused to take charge of the situation and put things right.

I am now considering what my legal options are for dealing with this, as I already missed out on countless good deals with other businesses and Virgin are trying to charge me nearly £7 more than the agreed contract rate.  In addition, they REFUSE to deal with the problem.  I was given a phone number for Tom Mockridge, who apparently is Karol's manager, but it turns out that was just a generic number for sales anyway.  I simply cannot believe a business is being run in this way and the REFUSAL for managers to deal with the issue is absolutely breathtaking.  It is absolutely shameful.

35 REPLIES 35

SamSamN
On our wavelength

Yes, I can imagine the deals and offers would have changed vastly over the course of a week!  You're only kidding yourselves 🙂

SamSamN
On our wavelength

This just gets better!  I would like nothing more than to get rid of that useless router and I booked a collection date in June, as that was the soonest it could be collected.  Since then I have received multiple e-mails and texts, the most recent text coming across as particularly [MOD EDIT: Language] and stating I will be charged £40 if the router isn't returned within 9 days.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BUSINESS?  Do you not have a system which records whether router returns are already in progress?  I work for a telecoms company and we certainly have a system for doing this; it isn't a complicated thing to do.  How can you be this incompetent?  It's truly remarkable.

spell
Knows their stuff

Yes this is a scam that has be enough going on for years - when I left VM they tried to charge me £40 for failing to return equipment - I had recorded the call in which I was instructed to dispose of it because it was obsolete. The threatening letters stopped and the promised debt collectors never turned up - disgusting company

HI SamSamN, thanks for the message and sorry for any inconvenience caused. The texts are automated and will stop once the equipment is returned, if the charge is applied to the account this will be removed once the equipment is scanned into the warehouse. ^Chris. 

spell
Knows their stuff

Unbelievable - the automation is set by a person - how can anyone believe that this is an acceptable business practice - unjustified taking of money out of peoples accounted

spell
Knows their stuff

Accounts

Hi spell, I will send you a private message to look into this further and confirm what has happened? ^Chris 

spell
Knows their stuff

No need Chris - apart from personal/sensitive information I don't believe in hiding responses that could be of help to others. You do not have anything to explain to me personally. Thanks for the strange offer - regards

spell
Knows their stuff

So in response to the above you have sent me a PM which will remain unopened - suggest you be open on the forum in your responses - that is the whole point of its existence - regards

We would not be able to discuss any account  information on a public page. I would ask that you contact the customer services team on 0345 454 1111 so that a resolution can be provided. ^Chris.