cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Virgin Media - Notification of address move

OfcomHereICome
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Media,

I'm giving you official notice that I'm moving address on Thursday 31st September 2023. This is published on your website which means you own this data and therefore is your record of my notification.

My account is linked to the same email address as this forum profile so you can email or phone my landline to contact me.

If you want to keep my business contact me and I'll provide my new address as I've done about 50 times to your bot over chat and text. I've been trying to contact you via chat and text all week but I end up stuck in a loop where the bot just asks me every couple of hours if I want to keep waiting for an agent to which I always reply 1(yes). I have also made about 10 voice calls which after 15-30mins either get cut off, or answered until the agent suddenly 'cant hear me' and ends the call. Incredible how that happens no matter which location or phone I use 🤔 I've spent entire working days with the chats open on my screen. If your wait time is over 10 hours, then I guess I'm just short on patience.

There is nothing more I can do to continue giving you my business, I've tried really hard but you don't want to speak to me 🥲 If you don't contact me within 2 working days, I will take that as your confirmation you no longer wish to receive my business and you have decided to cancel my service at no penalty to me. In this case I will stop my direct debit as per your implicit instruction. There is literally nothing more I can do and I've already been over-generous with my time.

Sincerely Jefferson.

PS: It's 2023. You may hold the monopoly for UK fibre, and maybe further afield, but shoddy customer service is going to bite you in the rear.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @OfcomHereICome 

Although this is a VM site it is mainly a site of peers helping each other out.

Forum Staff seldom visit the natter/Chatter forums which are basically forums intended for non VM topics, so I've moved your post to the Manage Your Account Cable section.

The Forum team don't have access to the Home Movers systems, nor can they process cancellations.

The best way to contact the Home Movers team is to contact them by calling them around 8am when lines first open and are least busy (150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone)

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

There is also a chat messenger on  the Moving Home website page <<< Here >>> 

If you are instead wanting to cancel then VM do not accept cancellation notice given on these forums or on social media platforms.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

and https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

you can cancel by phone, letter, or online chat (by clicking on the Live chat button on the above pages)

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the info but as I mentioned I've tried it all - all week. VM are offline as far as I can tell. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've spent entire days this week waiting on text and online chat and being cut off from phone calls. I'm moving on Thursday and don't have the time to wait for letters in the post. On top of the urgency, if they don't have the resources to answer online chats and phone calls, I'm certain they're not going to be too well-resourced in the letter-writing dept. I shouldn't feel like I have to start prepping for a legal case just because I want to take my services to a new address. This isn't a one-off. I've been putting up with this faceless BS for over 10 years and I'm angry.

I work from home and can't afford to be offline for any length of time, so I'm now being forced to make arrangements with a provider who will answer the phone.

Hey OfcomeHereICome, thank you for reaching back out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I am so sorry you are struggling to get through but as mentioned we don't look after move and transfer here on the forum you would need to speak to the movers team on 0345 454 1111 who will be able to put this request in for you.

Please can you keep us updated on how you get on. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

It's nice to hear from a human but that's the number I was dialling last week. Perhaps you could walk over to the movers team and ask them to pull their finger out? 🙃

If I waste any more of my life on this I'm going to lose respect for myself. It should have been a 5min phone call at most, but instead it's turned into a significant issue and the balls still not even rolling on the simple task of entering a move into your system. It turns out there is a way besides this forum to get a written dialogue going with VM though - the complaints form. Case opened on C-250923687.

In the meantime I've made alternate arrangements for my service provision.

Cheers

Hi @OfcomHereICome thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

I'd appreciate that. I'll check my messages.

Cheers

OfcomHereICome
Tuning in

My issue was picked up, owned and resolved by @Lee_R. Huge thanks!

Hi @OfcomHereICome Thanks for getting back to us privately.  

And thanks for the feedback. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R