cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Complaints Team - Do they really exist?

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin Media,

Do you actually have a complaints team? There is no telephone number, way to contact them. Whenever a complaint is raised, you close it without responding, or send a holding letter asking if I still want to complain (there is no reason for this to be part of your complaints process other than to delay the response and hopefully avoid giving one, which would be in line with my theory that there is no complaints team).

I opened my complaint last year and am still awaiting a response following having to re-open it due to it being closed as I was waiting too long for my initial response. As will all complaints, I request a Final Response Letter to be sent with your outcome, which is never adhered to.

Could someone from the complaints team please pop in and say Hi just to confirm their existence please? 

thanks,

An Unhappy Consumer

42 REPLIES 42

"The resolution for one complaint does not mean the same resolution for another complaint as another solution might be more applicable. Also we'd advise again having multiple complaints opened because they will get shut down as duplicates. If you have an open complaint and have other grievances then we'd advise adding to the open complaint instead of opening new ones.  Your current complaint does show as an escalation, I can only advise waiting to be contacted as part of the escalation process. "

The current complaint is a re-opening of one opened on December 19 2020, still haven't received a response and am not expecting to be contacted as part of the escalation process.

I think it's extremely unlikely the complaints department exists, as, no organisation as large as Virgin would be able to run a complaints department without a working telephony system, and there is no telephone number for the complaints team. Are you able to evidence otherwise? 

Consider the maximum penalty for a customer service complaint is £200, and complaint handler contract workers can be paid upwards of £200 per day - I can see why Virgin are happy to do this.

Thanks.

The bigger and more pertinent issue is why when you lose an arbitration case after going through CISAS/CEDR do Virgin simply reject the outcome and ignore the result ?

Why bother having independent arbitration is you are going to ignore it anyway ?

Hi there @unhappyconsumer

As my colleague has stated before, we cannot guarantee that just because one complaint was handled one way that another would be handled the same. We always address and resolve complaints individually. 

I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you and and see what resolution we can offer for this, and the other complaints. To do so I will need to grab some information from you, so I will now send you a PM so we can get this looked into.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same. i posted and emailed complaint 27/7 still trying to resolve. awful service and you cant get thru to anyone on phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

just a note tho CIAS cant deal until the complaint haas been open for 8 weeks x

"We always address and resolve complaints individually."

Copy-pasting an unrelated piece of text just because you saw the complaint has the word "email" in it does not really seem like an individual resolution. 

What's the trick to getting my complaint to someone who will actually read it and formulate a response?

There doesn't appear to be a trick, unfortunately, this has been Virgin's mode of operation for 5 years+ and I doubt it will change anytime soon. 

My re-opening of my complaint initially opened in Dec 2020 reached the 4 week mark today with no contact to apologise for the lack of response, no attempt at contact via telephone (whoever registered it didn't actually input my telephone number anyway, despite me providing it), no update on my online account - as expected, and in-line with Virgin's typical behaviour.

UPDATE:

I am waiting for a response from both the complaints team, and Ashleigh_C

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Ashleigh_C has responded to part of my complaint with this:

"Re: Virgin Media Poor Customer Service Compensation £££

Just to clarify from your own post in the forums it does say you have waited 2 minutes in between these messages, and while the agent has asked for more time, it is because they are attempting to help by looking in depth into your complaints. I can also see that the chat has closed as you have requested to close it after not answering the security questions. I understand having to wait for a resolution may be stressful, but the agents do need time to look into things."

This is the information Ashleigh_C assessed to reach a conclusion I have waited 2 minutes:

Chitra
 at 10:21, Aug 18:
Good Afternoon Yes you are connected I can see your messages. I see you are looking to make complaint. Can I know the reason?"
next post, 4 minutes later
Chitra
 at 10:25, Aug 18:
I am very sorry about the inconvenience caused to you. I will take this is as feedback and share it with the concerned team and make sure that you do not face such issues going forward.
next post, 2 minutes later but I am on hold with no actual response
Chitra
 at 10:27, Aug 18:

I request you to please allow me sometime.

next post, 2 minutes later, still on hold.

Chitra
 at 10:29, Aug 18:
Just to let you know I am still here. I am looking into your request and will be back with you soon.
next post 2 minutes later, still on hold.

Chitra at 10:32, Aug 18:

Can I take the 1st , 4th and 6th characters of the secure password please?

"Re: Virgin Media Poor Customer Service Compensation £££

Just to clarify from your own post in the forums it does say you have waited 2 minutes in between these messages" 

Do you feel the Virgin Media complaints process, and the teams dealing with it, treat customers fairly? 

Thanks

Hey,

We had a similar issue with very poor customer service. The people on the forum are an exclusion to this as they've been rather nice in Private Messages. However we have resorted to making a complaint to CISAS, they've accepted our complaint considering VM has kept our WiFi down for over 8 weeks with little to no communication and the "fix" date gets pushed back every single time they say it'll be back up