cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification link expired

nM3zRt2
Tuning in

Trying to register for My Virgin Media for my new connection, but when I get the email to verify my email address it says it has already expired every time.

8 REPLIES 8

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @nM3zRt2, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me if you've possibly used the E-Mail address for a self-care account with Virgin Media previously?

Is it also possible to ensure the cache is clear on the browser that the link directs you through to?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

No this is a brand new email address.

I've tried clearing cache, using different browsers and even tried on my laptop and my phone.

Every email verification link comes up as expired after I click it.

Thanks for coming back to me @nM3zRt2, we may need to raise this with our IT team to look into further for yoiu

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

i can’t seem to reply to your DM anymore.

You sent me a message saying the email address with the + sign had been removed, so I re-registered with a standard email address and I still have exactly the same problem.

On any device, on wifi or not, after clicking the verification link it says “complete your profile” but there is nothing to complete, and then a few seconds later it says verification link expired.

I think the problem might be that the email address that I used to sign up for virgin media was previously used many years ago, so I’ve been trying to sign up for my virgin media with a different email address. Perhaps they need to match?

Thanks for coming back to me @nM3zRt2, and I'm sorry that responding to me via PM has not been possible - not sure why this would be the case..

I'll drop you a response to the most recent private message we've shared, which should then open this back up for us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

m5656
Joining in

hi, i did have a cx who had this issue and wanted to advise of future people who may have this issue. i changed the email on his account (as a vm agent) and he was able to register. 🙂

hope this helps and merry christmas.

I’ve also been going round in circles for months trying to register for My Virgin Media.

Whenever an IT ticket is raised that’s the last I hear. Nobody ever contacts me to solve the issue.

Could a VM agent please change the email address on my account so hopefully I can register properly? Thanks

Hi Jamesmarkcook 👋 Thank you for joining this thread. 

Sorry to hear you are still having some issues with your My Virgin Media registration. I know you were PMing with my colleague Matt who advised in their most recent message the issue had been resolved - is this not the case?

Please let us know if not by responding to his message so he can pick this back up where you left off. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 

All the best 🌞

Molly