cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly confused!

Tweetypipe
Joining in

Got my price rise letter today allowing me to change or cancel by 24 March but in any case I am out of contract on 4 May.

So I currently have M350, Mix TV with 360 box and Mix and Phone Line with Talk Weekends. Pay £78.75 pcm but have a £10 pcm discount.

I don't want the phone and don't want the TV so want to move to a broadband only package. M350 is perfect.

Having spent an hour on the phone today, the best deal I can get is £56pcm for broadband only. They were intent on me staying on a full package despite me saying numerous times I didn't want to.

New customers can get standalone M350 broadband for around £35pcm for 24 contract.

I can go to EE, BT, Vodafone or SKY for around the same price for 500M.And yes I know they will go up but not to the same extent as Virgin.

How can it be more to stay with Virgin? Got to the end of the call and despite me saying I didn't want to leave I have now been sent a disconnection email!

I don't want to leave. I have been with Virgin 18 years because the service is good BUT the price structure is ridiculous. Asked to speak to a manager but was advised no-one was available.

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Tweetypipe,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account at the moment, so have the team advised that your account is set to disconnect, have you been given a disconnection date? You don't have to give me the date, a yes or no confirmation would be okay?

Did you call through on  0345 454 1111 and then used option 1, option 4 then option 4 to speak to the team?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi.

Yes I have an email with a disconnection date and yes I did go through on those options!

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us Tweetypipe. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

It's now been over a week and despite speaking to 4 x people on numerous phone calls and promises to be called back by VM (which never happens) still nothing has been resolved.

I then came on here, moved to pm's and was offered M350 standalone (which is what I want!) for 18 months at £35pcm which I was more than happy with this.

I then get a pre contract through which had a completely different price of £56 pm on it. I was then advised if I didn't agree with the (wrong) contract terms to contact the retetnton team.  Which I did and the whole loop starts again.

How hard is it? I don't want to leave virgin - I like the service but it is like pulling teeth trying to get anywhere. 

I have copies of all the messages so If anyone from Virgin can actually help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tweetypipe 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for joining me via private message @Tweetypipe and I'm glad we've now managed to resolve the issue for you.

Please do be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tweetypipe,

Travis is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to gain an update on the matter.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain