Menu
Traceyk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Username linked to Previous Account

I have recently rejoined virgin media but have as yet been unable to register for a myvirginmedia account as my email address is still attached to the old (now closed) account.

Is it possible to have this reassigned to my new account? I have rang customer services several times about this but as yet have not managed to get it sorted.

Grateful for any help.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username linked to Previous Account

Hi @Traceyk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble setting up an online account for your new contract of service with us. I can see that you've mentioned that you've called and spoke with the team about this, but that you've had a bit of trouble getting it sorted with them. Can you expand, please? What trouble have you had there exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Traceyk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

Mainly its been difficult to get through to someone who can do it. The first time i rang the customer service rep said it wasn't possible. Then i asked on the live chat and was told it was possible but I'd need to ring up to do it and told me which options to press (which when i got through weren't the correct options). But i did finally get through to someone who was going to do it for me and went through all the info, but then realised that as my services hadn't yet been installed at that point they said I'd have to ring back after installation. Which I did but then got someone who didn't know how to sort it and offered to send me some links via email to the help.

I've spent quite a long time on hold or on chat and only once managed to get through to someone who may be able to do it so any help in directing me back to that team would be great! It seems that it is possible but only certain people can do it?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Traceyk,

Thank you for getting back to us so promptly on this. It's a shame to hear that the problem remains.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to acquire some additional details from you. If you respond to that at your earliest convenience, we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide