Menu
Beantin
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded package

I've recently taken the black Friday deal for existing customers of maxit TV and 512 mbps broadband.

I did this 2 days ago however I'm still getting the same Internet speed and channels I used to get no upgrade at all.

I've tried resetting box and router but I'm getting nowhere has anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgraded package

Any package changes requested online are still actioned manually and can take a couple of days to fully activate.

That said, on your TV... if you follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels - this should ensure your EPG matches your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beantin
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for this my channels have updated my Internet speed sadly remains the same. 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This would tend to suggest the account changes have been made - try restarting your SH now.

Presumably you are testing your speed over an Ethernet wired connection and not WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beantin,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm really sorry that you've had issues with your recent package upgrade.

Did this package change include any new equipment at all? If so, it's likely that the changes wouldn't go live until you have received and activated the new TV box and/or hub.

Have you had a look at your online account to see if your package has been updated here yet or to check for expected deliveries?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Beantin
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies everyone im getting a new TV box delivered today and it looks like my previous tivo has now been deactivated and it won't connect to router.

I'm hoping when the box is installed my router will also kick up a gear.

I will keep you informed 🙂

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know that you've got equipment on the way. It's possible that your TiVo has stopped working as the service codes on your account are in the process of swapping over.

Once you've activated your new TV box, this should automatically complete all the pending changes and allow us to provide the upgraded services for both TV and broadband. Please let us know if you're still having trouble once you've set up the new box and we'll take a look for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Beantin
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superstar Rachel thank you 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team