Menu
Kingc5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade - new contract?

Hi

Was offered a better deal to stay, have broadband only just now but taking out TV and Phone package now. I've had TV and phone in the past and was setup via self install.

I logged on to my virgin account and it looks like they have set the new contract date as the 26th March for some strange reason. I wasnt tied into any existing minimum term until then - been out of contract for a while now. 

Got passed about on phone this morning and looks like its been put down as an engineer install (not sure why) and certainly hadnt agreed to start a new contract as of 2 months down the line, would have expected it to be from the day that I agreed it on the phone. Not sure its been a typo or what. Anyone had anything similar where theres been a huge delay for the start?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kingc5
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade - new contract?

Anyone any ideas? Spoke to a lady earlier who said she would phone me back in 2 hours which never happened (11 hours and waiting). Can’t get back through to speak to anyone again.

Doesn’t seem right that it’s been dated forward 2 months with an engineer visit when I’ve had everything up and running previously. One of the reasons for upgrading was for the faster broadband as 100mb was struggling with home working etc. I can’t wait 2 months for this to be upgraded

0 Kudos
Kingc5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Find it very disappointing being overlooked by the virgin team on here for some strange reason but hey-ho.

An update and hint for others who may end up speaking to the outbound team any time soon, is to ensure that you tell them you are after the quick install if upgrading any services. They put mine down as a manned installation for some reason which was dated 2 months away. This was never mentioned when I agreed the contract. Its impossible for anyone in virgin it seems to amend this from a manned install to a self install. Been passed around 6 people over the last 2 days to try and move this on - the best they could do over the phone was say that they could cancel my current install date, set up a new contract as quick start, and that they couldnt match the current outbound price! They therefore sent an email to the outbound team to contact me but had no guarantees even although its only them supposedly that can change the date.

Tried the text service and made slight progress where they pulled it forward to February at least. Not perfect, but still a month sooner. It astounds me that no one can sort this within virgin to change from manned to quick apart from the only team in virgin that you can't actually get through to speak to!

And to just top it off, turns out getting sent an old V6 box where every other new or upgrading customer seems to be getting the 360. Cant face the stress trying to argue that one out so just need to live with it. Watch out for your after agreement prices too - I wasnt told just found out after receiving contract, so a new customer on big oomph after the discount ends pays £70 a month, whereas when my discounts and on the retentions deal its £77, for the same package. Youd expect them to both be the same surely as its the same services without any discounts. Think they just make it up as they go along to be fair

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kingc5

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the confusion. We don't deal with package changes via the forums so you'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos