Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unknown Netflix charges on Broadband only account

Hi,

Its seems I have been hit the the same issue as everyone else where VM has decided to add Netflix onto my broadband only account when I don't even have a Netflix account.

I have tried for days to contact VM customer service and keep getting told the call centre are closed. I contacted Netflix who agreed that I do not have an account with them however unable to identify why i have been charged and yes you guessed it, asked to contact VM.

It would seem that my account has been compromised and I would like it investigated please.

Regards,

Warren

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unknown Netflix charges on Broadband only account

Is anyone at Virgin going to help? This forum is riddled with the same issues so its clearly a problem with Virgin and needs sorted.

I appreciate Covid-19 has an impact on business however when you cant use online messaging, all call centres are closed, no email facility and the community not responding what are customers supposed to do?

If someone at VM could pick this up it would be highly appreciated, I'm concerned over data security and as a business who operates within GDPR, you should be taking breaches seriously.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wgbayley, 

Really sorry you're being charged for Netflix through us when you only have broadband, I can appreciate the concern. 

The only way that Netflix can be set up through Virgin Media billing is through the TV (which you don't have) or through the online account. It is possible that somebody has done this through your online account, therefore I would advise updating your security information. This should be something that is new and unique and you're not using as a password elsewhere. 

I'm afraid we're unable to cancel the billing side of things from here and it does need to be done directly through Netflix, you can find out more here if you're concerned about this. 

You can also have a look at our GDPR policy here if you remain unhappy. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I appreciate the reply however it doesnt quiet help me out. I do not see any option to add netflix through your account online let alone manage it.

Also how do you expect me to cancel it through Netflix? I dont have Netflix and Netflix cant identify what account has been linked with my virgin account. I was told that virgin media needs to resolve this issue. Do you have some magical way of cancelling that I might not know about?

I dont believe my account has been compromised as like I said you cant and Netflix through your account online. The issue is rife across virgin media and it's because of your box return process, you forget to unlink TiVo boxes off people's accounts once returned and then redistribute that return box to other customers resulting in endless problems.

Could you explain what my next steps are please? I cant remove Netflix from my virgin account, incurring charges for services that I dont receive which is a direct breach of consumer rights and you are washing your hands of the situation without helping or refunding me for these charges.

I can this be escalated to someone internally to contact me please? Alternatively could someone who has permissions to check customers accounts reach out over PM please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I too have this charge it happens every month. To answer the questions I have to answer every month

no I don’t have a Netflix account so I can’t cancel it

no one else in the house has subscribed as I live alone and no one else has access to my account 

I did not sign up to Netflix 

I have contacted Netflix who confirm I don’t have an account 

look at the notes on my account as I have to ring every month and go through several departments until you agree to credit the fraudulent charge 

0 Kudos