Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register My Virgin Media account

It seems a common issue, but I haven't found any solution that works for me. Yesterday I set up my Virgin Media package (broadband, TV and phone). Everything seems to be working well, except that I don't get wifi signal in certain rooms of the house. I was told I have to use the Virgin app to scan the premises and then likely get a signal booster.

The issue is that in order to use the app I need to register a My Virgin Media account, and so far I haven't been able to do so. In particular:

• When attempting to register using the email associated with the account I get an error message stating “Sorry, this username is not available” (odd, because if I try to do a password recovery it says that the username does not exist).

• When attempting to register with any other email, it goes through to a page where I am able to toggle the Web Safe settings, but then on the following page I get a different error message saying “Sorry! We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. lease try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation.”

I tried to phone but the agent just repeated my steps above and said that they did not have a solution, which seems odd.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register My Virgin Media account

Good Morning eleph4nt,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having this issue when trying to register your self-care account.

Can you tell me if you've attempted to use an alternative browser when trying to register your self-care account?

It may also be worth clearing the cache on your browser to see if this allows you to complete the registration

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried 3 different browsers on both a Mac and a PC. Exact same error messages (which apparently the agent over the phone was also getting, before giving up).

Any other idea on how I could solve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us eleph4nt.

I can take a further look into this but may need to log this issue with our IT team to clear and data that may exist on our network with your email.

I will pop over a private message in a moment, so that we can confirm the details and pass account security.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos