cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate oomph upgrade is activated then reverted back

orange808
Joining in

Hello, I upgraded to Ultimate Oomph and my package was activated on Wed 23 July but today my package has gone back down to Bigger Oomph and I cant watch Sky Cinema or have M600 speed. No response from live chat, any idea what this could be?

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM have been making a habit of botching "Ultimate Oomph" upgrades lately, and then reneging on the deal: 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Impossible-to-upgrade-to-ultimate-o...

If you've got evidence the deal was offered and agreed (eg confirmation email, chat transcripts) then VM have to honour the deal.  If need be you can call on the arbitration scheme CISAS, which will be effective, and costly for VM, but is a slow process.  If it's your word against theirs in relation to a telephone call, then you will need to make Subject Access Request for all voice recordings, and move from there.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi orange808,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear there's been an issue with your upgrade,

Package changes aren't something we're able to assist with from here, however if you're able to call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or text us on +44753 305 1809 I'm confident we'll be able to resolve this.

Alex_Rm

Thanks, I have rung and spent about about 4 hours on the phone today and yesterday, eventually after being put through to a 5th person it was revealed that the upgrade to Ulimate Oomph was cancelled automatically because the 2nd box wasn't able to be installed (my landlord won't allow any drilling, I'm happy to have the deal with just one box anyway). Basically an automated 'computer says no' that nobody knows how to circumvent.

I had an engineer come round when I originally signed up to what I was told was Ultimate Oomph and I told them that the 2nd box wasn't needed/wasn't possible.

After realising that I hadn't been signed up to Ultimate Oomph but a far lesser package with no Sky Cinema, 200mb speed, no unlimited SIM - for £88 rather than the Ultimate Oomph deal of £89 for new customers - I spent many hours on the phone trying to rectify Virgin's mistake and get back on Ulimate Oomph but I was repeatedly told this would now cost me £140 as I'm no longer a new customer. Finally a Live Chat agent offered me Ulimate Oomph for £99 which I reluctantly accepted but was told an engineer would need to come out again and try to install a 2nd box before this could be activated, I told them it was pointless but they said I had to and they couldn't bypass this on their system. The engineer came, I explained, he said that's fine and the package was activated anyway.

And now, the system has automatically cancelled it again because of the lack of a 2nd box. The person who confirmed this had said she would get her manager to put this through without the 2nd box and then call me back today at 3:30pm but they didn't ring.

I have spent 20 hours on the phone to Virgin in the last month trying to sign up the £89 Ultimate Oomph deal, I've had to sign up to £99 instead but I'm still no closer to getting this sorted. Every time I ring or get put through to someone new, I seem to have to start at Square 1. I'm  baffled by how I'm still in this position.

Hi orange808, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and I can only apologise that you've been unable to get this sorted. 

When you choose a package, if it comes with an additional box then we wouldn't be able to progress with that offer without arranging the installation. Until the box is activated, the package doesn't go active so if on the account two boxes aren't online and activated, the package would be voided.

With regards to the comment from Andrew above (If you've got evidence the deal was offered and agreed (eg confirmation email, chat transcripts) then VM have to honour the deal.) I'm afraid on this occasion the advice given wouldn't really apply here. We would be able to give you the original deal that was offered however in order to do that you will need all the elements of the package so the second box would need to be installed. As the landlord is not allowing this, the deal would now be void. 

We're not able to help with package changes on forums, so do try to speak with us again but this time ask the agent to see if we can offer any other more suitable packages for less money. 

Pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, all other packages with same channels, speed and unlimited sim start at £140 though so not really an option. I've spent many hours trying.

I can have a 2nd box installed literally right next to my first and just not use it, this is appatently the only way. I have to pay £35 for each engineer visit though and this would be the third pointless visit.

The engineers appear to have no idea that the package will be cancelled if another box isn't installed, the last engineer said it would be fine! So strange and such a massive waste of my time and money. In fact, nobody seemed to know this apart from you and the last woman I spoke to on the phone, who promised that her manager would finally sort this and that she'd ring at 3:30pm today with an update. I'm still waiting.

Nobody has any clue about anything on the phone, every person I've spoken to (20+ people) have said very different things about almost every detail. I'm very patient and forgiving but this whole process has been unbelievable.