cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel at end of contract

PeterFlower
Tuning in

I want to disconnect from Virgin media because my contract has come to an end and I no longer need a connection. I tried phoning  3 times yesterday, each time it took around 45 minutes and I talked to Greg, Mohamed and Jay who said they couldn't arrange disconnection. They transfered me but after waiting on hold another 30 minutes the line rang then went dead.

I haven't got hours to wait listening to mindless hold music and adverts for virgin media. Is there any other way to get disconnected? I don't care when it is disconnected and I can return the kit whenever VM want.

11 REPLIES 11

Brilliant and obvious suggestion and one I made at least five years ago. The VM website wouldn't let me change my package or leave. Everything said ring VM customer support.
Maybe the customer wouldn't need support if the website worked properly.
I suspect an ulterior motive to the whole phone routine. I even wonder if VM are deliberately understaffing their call centres to make it as difficult as possible for the 'customer'.
My letter is posted and lets hope that VM actually read it. Thanks again for the correct address to send it to.

Hi @PeterFlower, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with attempting to cancel.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R