cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN A MANAGER PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT MY COMPLAINT

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

I have had a pending complaint since August. I had 2 managers from here call me a month ago, apologising and promising that the case was in hand and they would keep in touch with me. They are now ignoring my many, many messages, despite being shown as online. I will add that I have been polite throughout.

I am posting on here as I am desperate for help. If I call, I will be stuck on hold for an hour and will get hold of someone who has no clue about the complaint, and I am not going to spend another hour explaining the saga to a fifth person. Not only is it a waste of time, but I have made it clear that I am registered disabled and cannot physically hold a phone for that length of time, so I am stuck with this being my only method of communication. The latest is that I have had a 32 second call from a verified Virgin number with someone breathing down the phone and then hanging up when I shouted. I don't know if it was someone from here or a spam call, given that despite the pending complaint, and the fact that my internet has barely worked for most of this time due to Virgin's faults, I am now being harassed to upgrade through calls, texts, emails, despite telling them clearly to leave me alone.

I just want someone to please read my messages and get back to me, and as my private messages are being ignored, I feel I have no choice but to post here publicly to ask for help.

39 REPLIES 39

Hi John

They've been messaging me about it since September. The suddenly just ghosted me, just as progress was being made. 

I'm being polite, I've been patient. Yes, I want to complain, but ultimately, I want them to fix my technical issues and billing issues first and then I can settle the complaint. 

I've had 4 messages from a "manager" arranging to call me and then failing to actually call. After 2 lengthy calls where all these promises were made and then just nothing.

I don't understand. Do I have to be rude and insulting to force responses, is that how it works? I'm literally begging them to just do what they've promised. It's driving me barmy and I'm desperate. And it's hard to forget about it when I go to the kitchen and my signal cuts out (engineers confirmed it's Virgin's fault, not mine, hence why I need their help), or money comes out of the account and it's higher than I've agreed for absolutely no reason- it just suddenly went up with no warning. I even have messages and recorded calls promising the bill won't change.

Someone must have advice. Or moderators must be able to read these messages and ask a manager to respond. It's clear on their profiles when they are online. Let alone when they've told me their working hours, promising they will call me in that time and then don't, despite showing as online.

My complaint would have just gone if they'd fixed the issues as per the engineer's say so and adjusted my bill as I'm the type of person who usually can't be bothered, and isn't out to punish anyone as I get that mistakes can be made. But August! And 40+threads of messages. Beyond belief.  I just don't know what to do and I've made it so clear to them I'm disabled and just really am not well enough for all of this 😞

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to come here and comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

Dare I ask if anyone got back to you?

Thanks again

Hello monkeyfunkster,

I have escalated this thread and asked a Manager to respond. You should have contact tomorrow.

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi

I am still waiting. It is much past "tomorrow".

Please can someone contact me by close today.

Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 weeks since Hetty promised the latest phone call!

Come on Hetty_R, I'm not going anywhere! Pretty sure breach of a promise is a serious issue. Let alone the rest.

Seriously, anyone reading this- if you're thinking of joining Virgin- I'll save you a year's worth of hassle, just don't!!

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

I am getting emails threatening to charge me if I don't return "kit".

I have never had a conversation with anyone about returning kit. I have an ongoing complaint against Virgin that managers here are now refusing to respond to me, despite the last message promising to call.  I suspect it is for a faulty booster, but I was promised a conversation before any decision was made. It is telling me to go to a Collect plus store to drop it off, then telling me my nearest is a half hour drive away! I'm registered disabled and I am being forced into something or be charged... despite still getting extra charges on the account that again, I never agreed to (and have it in writing there would be no extra charges, especially while the complaint is pending).

• Can anyone please advise? Or better yet, someone actually get in touch??

I've had a similar issue in that i am disabled and was fobbed off..

What i did to make myself noticed, keep lodging complaints! They will ring you (after a few weeks..) so the more you send, the more likely they are to actually listen to you!

I can see its also been two weeks since you posted, have you managed to get any further?

Kind regards,

Lee

Hi Lee

Not even slightly!! What happened with you? It's absolutely disgusting and they're not going to get away with it, so unless I'm contacted pretty sharpish, I've had to have to seek advice what to do next and will just put it in motion. All these people that have repeatedly called or messaged to apologise, yet are now ignoring me themselves- do they really think that's a good idea? If I treated a customer like that, I'd be out the door! Well, let's see what happens next.