cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the worst level of incompetence and customer service I have ever experienced.

mickyh
Tuning in

I have been in dispute with virgin for 3 months now regarding a simple matter (they emailed to offer me Skysports HD but only gave me Skysport SD) It took me multiple 30 min plus phone calls and several goes at the complaints procedure to get them to agree to give me Skysports HD as promised. You can't email them or speak to a supervisor, and the person you speak to has no authority to do anything. Their eventual resolution involved putting me on a higher costing package with a monthly credit to bring it to back down to the original price agreed. New price appeared straight away on the bill, but surprise surprise no credit. So back into the complaint procedure and another promise to apply the credit. 3 weeks on an even higher bill appears and no credit. So here we are - another phone call today, my fourth go at the complaints procedure and another promise to resolve.

Shame really as a customer of 21 years, but all I am left with, if not resolved this time, is to cancel the direct debit to avoid Virgin stealing my money, contact the Ombudsman and switch to Sky to get some decent customer service.   

If you are listening virgin - you have broken your customer service model. Take note of Sky's advert in the papers regarding complaints telling you as much !  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks John - good advice. When do the annual increase letters come out, haven't had one for a while.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont cancel the DD. The one part of VM that seems to work seamlessly is to transfer any unpaid bills to a debt collection agency and your credit history will report a "default".

If you have your annual price increase letter - you can leave without charges - then just call in to cancel (try at 08.00) and explain why you want to leave. The retentions team are usually able to offer a new deal solution to get you to stay

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John - good advice. When do the annual increase letters come out, haven't had one for a while.  

Hey mickyh, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear there is a billing issue.

I can see you spoke to the team about this, did they manage to get this resolved for you at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt- firstly thanks for offering to help me out. 

No nothing back from the team. Spoke to AJ on Saturday morning who assured me he would email me with a resolution today (Monday). Its now almost 8pm and nothing from him so would be grateful if you could help get this resolved. The time is ticking down to Virgin taking a inflated payment from me under the  false pretense of a promised credit that hasn't materialised.  

Would rather not do my dirty laundry in public, but the set up of your organisation leaves me no option. When ever I ask to be put through to a manager/supervisor they say that nobody is available. But then they tell me they have no authority to do anything and have to pass a message to a manager, and then nothing happens. They seem to be able to up the cost of your package straight away themselves, but the matching credit part gets mysteriously (or conveniently) lost in the system.   

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have seen your PM and I will message the agent dealing with this.

If you do not hear back in the next few days please reach out to me directly again and I will get this looked into you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?