cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason we left

londonboy73
Dialled in

Back in 26-07-2021, we noticed our cable onto our property had been tampered with by some dodgy neighbours piggybacking our connection with was degrading all our services. It was raised, 4 months later, a new cable was pulled from the street cabinet, yet was never actually attached to the box on our property wall. We repeatedly raised this with the individual staff member, and through the complaints process, yet as I write today, it’s still not been connected, 11 months later and as of yesterday we were still experiencing degraded and missing services.

Then, we started being charged for a Netflix account we didn’t have, and Netflix themselves had never record of. We repeatedly raised this through phone calls, emails, chat, complaints, even speaking to the dedicated Netflix virgin department by phone, wh9 incidentally hadn’t got a clue either, and marked up our account with all the issues. Yet it was never resolved and we kept being charged every month for services we didn’t have. Virgin have taken over £200 illegally.

We have raised a total of 18 complaints to get this resolved, yet all that happens is the complaint gets closed in the account and zero resolution occurs, we then get charged again the next month. We even raised a complaint asking for all the previous complaints (and we listed all the complaints numbers) to get resolved. Guess what, that got closed and no resolution.

150% sick and tired of this treatment and theft of funds, we cancelled with Virgin, gave them their 3G days notice and have moved to BT. The moving process was incredible. BT have had excellent customer service all the way. They proactively kept in touch through txt, email, and phone calls. We are so pleased to have a company that actually cares about their customers.

Yet still virgin haven’t bothered to resolve anything. we have notified Virgin to collect their equipment, remove the cabling from our property and send us a CORRECT final bill with all the ridiculous false charges removed.

Sick and tired of virgin media incompetent customer service?

Sick and tired of virgin media inaccurate billing?

Do not out up with their behaviour, and do not fear the move.

it’s the best thing we have ever done. The prices are lower, the service is higher, the bills are accurate. What’s not to love?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll pick up on a couple of small things here..

@londonboy73 wrote:

we have notified Virgin to ....remove the cabling from our property

Give up trying here, they are extremely unlikely to do this unless there's a verifiable health & safety risk from the cables. Is there? Photos would help.

Otherwise, VM will take the view that intentionally removing otherwise serviceable cables will jeopardise the chances of the property being suitable for QuickStart installs in the future - and in some extreme cases, render the address unserviceable. In short - no-one can stop a homeowner doing what you have to do, but you're on a hiding to nothing otherwise.

On the subject of your complaints, it sounds like you're not aware of the complaints code of practice that's detailed here amongst other places. If you have a complaint that's not resolved after 8 weeks, then you can request a deadlock letter and escalate it to binding independent arbitration. It doesn't sound like you've done that, and that would absolutely be the next step here.

Quite often the forum staff can intervene and get a resolution quicker & easier all-round, but that option absolutely should be open to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yup, thanks. it’s been escalated to cedr and ALL evidence provided about a month ago. Disturbingly, is the response/rebuttal by virgin stating they believe the complaint is out of scope because it’s not more than 8 weeks, which in itself is just more incompetence when the long list of complaints references show the dates back to July 21. An adjudication will take place shortly based on all submitted evidence.

Even more disturbing is the screen shots they’ve included for their rebuttal are from antiquated AS400 machines!!! That probably goes a long way to demonstrate why they are so incredibly poor at anything resembling customer service…. Using machines from the early ‘90’s…. Shocking.

Amusingly, there’s a fault for bband and tv, which also states they’ve sent an engineer to fix it….. I wonder if that fault could be there is no connection any more and what the engineer will try and do? At least it will give me the opportunity to handover all their equipment to the engineer 😉

it was laziness and fear of loss of service that prevented us moving before…. My moral of the the story is don’t fear it…. JUST LEAVE ASAP.