cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk protected package

AdeH
Joining in

Hi, I’m trying to help my elderly neighbour who’s been paying over £67 per month for her services. She doesn’t need internet or TV as only needs Freeview channels, but does need to keep landline due to health issues.

After 2 hours on the phone we got offered line only for £23.75 plus £1.75 for paper bills as she doesn’t have an email address. This still seams steep to me. I’ve just come across the Talk Protected package which sounds ideal. But I’ve no idea how to get her onto it. Keep getting told about cancellation fees and discount limits etc. I just want to get her on to the best line only package without having to sort out again in 18 months.

Thanks for any advice Ade

11 REPLIES 11

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AdeH,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you disagree with the pricing for the services. Depending on the package that is wanted on the Landline, there would be a standard Line Rental charge, plus the call package charge, minus any discounts.

In regards to the Talk Protected package, there are some eligibility requirements. You can find out more about Talk Protected here under Section 4.4

If you, or your neighbour, wish to discuss the package further, please contact our team on 0345 454 1111 so we can assist further in finding the right solution for your neighbour.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thanks for coming back to me on this.

It is mainly the Talk Protected package I'm trying to arrange for my neighbour, she is over 65 so is eligible for it. I called the team back yesterday and spent 2 and 1/4 hours on the phone trying to sort. I got transferred to five different teams before getting to someone that understood the package. Current hurdle is Virgin need  to do some back ground check to prove that she is eligible, that take two more days.

Fingers crossed we are getting close to solving, but what a pain.

Ade

Thanks for the update AdeH

We're glad to hear that this is now being looked into for your neighbour.

Please keep us posted with the outcome.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

We are still waiting for a call back that was due on Monday. We did call to inquire, and after another 30mins we got told that the case hadn't been updated with news on her eligibility, so told to just wait.

Seems like the customer needs to have massive patience with Virgin to get anywhere near being able to get this package.

I'll chase again later in the week, and if need be escalate this case.

Fingers crossed

Ade

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ade,

Thank you for providing the update on this. I'm really sorry to hear that you've not received the promised callback on Monday. We're more than happy to look into this and we can definitely look into the eligibility review.

If you'd like for us to review this, please let us know. Alternatively, please contact the team on the method you have used previously for any updates.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

I just wanted to give hopefully a final update to this case. Apparently the customer, neighbour did a call back when arrange, but not to the number given, so I couldn't help with the call.

I called back this morning as I had some spare time to try and get t his finally resolved. I can't happily report back this within an hour of being of the phone I got transferred to a very helpful guy working from home in Sheffield and we think it's all been stored, and we have the customer on the Talk Protect package at last. I will hold out till the end of the month before I fully celebrate this, but I think we are there.

I'll report back if this isn't the case.

Regards

Ade

Hi Ade,

Thanks for reaching back out, glad to hear your Neighbour has now been able to get the package they wanted, if there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Guys,

Just an update on this. We found out this morning that Virgin have cancelled the phone line, so my neighbour has no service. Trying to get hold of Virgin but really struggling to get hold of the correct person. Not very impressed once again.

Ade 

Hi Ade,

Sorry to hear your Neighbours phone has gone off, is this due to our Landline Switchover.

Is the Neighbour connected Via the old wall socket or Via the Router?

Regards

Paul.