cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise charges

Wesely2015
Tuning in

Hi all,

So after only 2 weeks ago having problems with my contract I've now had a surprise bill come through. On the phone I was told the package I'd now be getting would cost £90 all in.  While trying to do a speed test on my shocking Internet connection I noticed my next bills now £111.67!! Honestly at my wits end with this now.

11 REPLIES 11

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wesley2015, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 
I am sorry to hear you are having speed/billing issues.

Have you checked your bill to see why it is higher than normal, does it advise if there were any discounts that dropped off?

With your speed can you give me more info on your issues?

Zoie

Screenshot_20220807-100752_Samsung Internet.jpg

 this is what it says on the breakdown although i was quoted £90 on the phone and confirmed multiple times that it would be £90 monthly with the man on the phone.

As for my speed we were told that we would be upgraded to 516mbps yet any Internet we do get is slow patchy and most of the time can't even connect devices or can connect but without Internet.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Wesley2015.

From your screenshot, your package is showing at £141 per month but a bit further down, there is a credit being applied to your account of £52 per month bringing your total package price to £89 per month. 

With the issues with your speeds, is this on both wired and wireless connections? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I'd be fine with that is it was £89 but my latest bill is for £111.67 with no explanation as to why🤔

Screenshot_20220807-141056_My Virgin Media.jpg

 but yes the speed and connection issues are with everything

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wesely2015 

Have you looked at the VM page explaining billing for /package changes ?

That should explain the higher cost this month. The following months payment will revert to the normal billing cycle and package pricing @ £89.00

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey there @Wesely2015, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to see the bill hasn't come through as the expected amount.
I will investigate this further for you and send you an invite to a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with us today.

I'm glad we were able to answer your questions and make arrangements for the broadband.
Let us know how it all goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've had a new hub 4 fitted which is supposed to sort all our problems with Internet and demand and now we have no Internet at all

Hi Wesely2015, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear of your loss of internet.  We've had a look at our systems and can see that everything is looking fine at this time.  Please confirm whether or not this is the case?  

Regards

Lee_R