cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in endless registration loop

jperkins
Joining in

I am stuck in an endless registration loop, trying to register a new Virgin Media account. Keep being told my email address is already linked to an account (I also tried two different email addresses and got the same message), and then when I try to reset my password and enter my DOB/account number etc, I get a message saying my details aren't known. Just spent half an hour on the phone to someone who couldn't help and escalated it to the IT department.

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jperkins, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issue you're having with your online account. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to try this via different web browsers? Or devices?

Can you confirm if you have had an account previously with oursevles?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks. I'm a new customer. I've tried a couple of different browsers and devices, to no avail. When I attempt to reset my password, I get an error saying that my username (email address) isn't known. When I try to "recover" my email, and I enter my DOB etc, it says the details don't match a known customer. I even tried to register with two different email addresses (as advised by the person in the call centre) and both times it initially said I was already registered, then that it couldn't find my details.

Sorry you're having issues with this @jperkins

If the team referred this to the IT team, it can take 5- 7 days to hear back from them. 

Did they provide you with an IT ticket number as I've not been able to locate this from the systems?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

No, I wasn't given a ticket number.

Hello jperkins. 

I can look into this for you and get this fixed 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi,

My mum is now having the same problem when trying to register her account. We've tried on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, and the same error message appears each time:

"Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)"

Hi @jperkins,

Welcome back and I am sorry to hear you're Mum is now having the same issue. 

Can you advise which link she is using to access the registration page?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Register My Virgin Media Account | Virgin Media

Hi Ayisha,

We get as far as creating a password and then no matter what password we try to use, the error message "You can't use that password, choose a different one" pops up. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jperkins,

Thank you for coming back to us about your mother's ongoing issue when trying to register for an online account. 

If you're having some issues with creating a password that our system will accept, please try the following:

• No special characters
  • Only letters and numbers allowed
  • Password must start with a letter
  • Aim for the password length to be between 8-10 characters

Please let us know if this can help your mum set up the password. Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team