cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to Contact VM online

cybmole
Community elder

my current 18 month deal is ending ( the reminder of my nexrt bill amount was a hoorible shock, eevn though I knew it was coming)

so, Time to get in touch for a new deal- that shoudl be easy enough

expcept that I looked on a sunday when chat is closed - fair enough I try today - saturday when chat issupposed to be open.

1. login into to MY VM- go to upgrades ( cant afford an updrade, struggling to afford what I have now - but that seems closest match)... the click to chat will appear if I suggest discussing the phone part of the deal but nothing happens - no chat window - seems to be turned off.- 

2. so I try checking the "street prices" for broadband + TV ( no phone) option, which is what I need to downgrade to, but I am asked for my postcode & then the system cunningly deduces I have VM already and says I should login to chat... which  loops me back to previous para. 1

HELP please. I really don't fancy the automated phone maze & I cant phone on my virgin phone because the last handset broke months ago & we stopped using it...

is it still the case that a BB+TV+phone deal is cheaper than a BB+TV only deal -as it was last time I went around this loop. the only reason we kept the non-needed phone last time around was to get a better deal

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cybmole 

Apart from phoning which always takes priority over other contact methods you can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.  However expect waiting times of around six hours using these methods.

VM do tend to offer higher discounts if you take out more services, however you should still be able to negotiate pricing with and without a landline.

The landline can be safely ignored if you take it, and if/when the time arises that you need to contact VM then plug in the landline and call them for free by dialling 150. You could always borrow a handset to make that call since  your handset is currently broken. If you do then you should select option 4 (thinking of leaving) although the besn time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cybmole wrote:

I cant phone on my virgin phone because the last handset broke months ago & we stopped using it...

is it still the case that a BB+TV+phone deal is cheaper than a BB+TV only deal -as it was last time I went around this loop. the only reason we kept the non-needed phone last time around was to get a better deal

All services attract an element of discounting, but yes - it is often the case that the landlines give discounts that more than cover the actual cost.

Have it and don't plug it in, choose to not have it but potentially pay more, it's your "call" really.

You can't negotiate a new deal via these forums, but 0345 4541111 is a landline call from any working phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your comments mention struggling with current prices.  In which case getting the outcome you want may be a challenge, but this post may help.  Don't forget to ask if there's any really good value offers at the moment when speaking to the agent - occasionally taking much higher speeds and a TV bundle will be a better price than reducing speeds and bundle.  If doing that make sure the discount runs for the full contract term, and plan ahead for when the discount ends, because the price will skyrocket, and on the Mega Couch Potato packages that will be very, very expensive.

thanks for all the helpful replies.

"struggle" is a bit of an exaggeration, I could live with one price hike but If I let every supplier slip in a 25% price hike it would be a different story, so I need  to practice my "poor me "language for the retentions dance , 

i could phone from my mobile, but by the time I eventually get to the front a a queue I've lost the mental momemtum to put up a good show

has the option to negotiate via live chat really gone or am I having a senior moment  not finding it anywhere. ?

as I recall, the way the dance  worked last time was that  I sent a "thinking of leaving"  / " need a deal" TEXT to somewhere, then got texted back an offer a day or so later. has that option now gone also ?

and that I had to have 2 goes at it, the offer I got in the last month of a contract was poor, but the offer I got one month later, ut of contract, was much better..

finally- the " enter your postcode" business to see new customer deals - surely, new customers all get the same nationwide deals, and those are the easy to find headline rates ?.

nationwide, it seems the "big bundle" package is £33 to new customers. M350 Fibre Broadband, Weekend chatter & 100+ TV channels. if I could get close to that I'd be estatic. and continue to leave the phone line unconnected. by price for similar services is going to £66.

[ we had  a good Bt answer machine with call minder & 4 handsets, but as we phased out using it,  I rashly sold off 2 of the handsets and then the other 2 bt handsets both died.[ screen death not battery death] & are are probably hard to replace now. i would not dare plug in a cheap handset without the call minder spam callr filters