Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still unable to register for My VM Account

I'm still unable to register for My VM Account. I posted a message 2-3 days ago and received a text message saying that my registration issue has been fixed. It hasn't!  Could someone from VM please contact me and tell me what my Username is, and give me a temporary password? My original message was: "Unable to register a Virgin Media account following transfer of account from my son to myself in November 2019. Can't access on-line bills or any other features. Have contacted VMand made many attempts. Even had a text message from VM to say that it was also sorted, when it wasn't. Account number has changed (old a/c no. but ending 02 rather than 01). Have spoken to Customer Support several times but problem still exists. Register process gets as far as selecting Child Safe/Web Safe options but is then followed by "Unable to register. Sorry, please try later". Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still unable to register for My VM Account

Hi there @DavidLilley55

Thanks for popping back - sorry that you're having some issues completing your registration of your online account; from checking your services from your forum details, we can see that there is currently no MyVirginMedia registered - therefore we cannot provide you with your username or reset the password. 

Have you tried registering via a different browser?

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion. It hasn't made any difference using Microsoft Edge as to when I previously used Firefox. I still can't register for My VM. I wanted to use my longstanding email address "xxxxxxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk", and when this didn't work I have tried to use "xxxxx.xxxxxx55@virginmedia.com" and "xxxxx.xxxxxxxx55@virginmedia.com".  A few times I've got to the final stage and then the screen tells me:

"Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

I've had this message many times in the last 6 months, so I keep trying.

Any other suggestions, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No more suggestions at this stage @DavidLilley55; sounds like we;ll need to raise this to IT to see what is causing the issue. 

I'll pop  you a Private Message to go through security and take some details from you. 

Look out for the Purple Envelope and we'll do what we can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @DavidLilley55

Thanks so much for your recent Private Messages - please to hear that you can now see your previous bills and that all is working again for you; I do apologise about any delay caused.

Hope you have a good week - stay safe and you know where we are if you need us. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos