Menu
Helsbels79
Settling in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spending Cap - £15.00 Been charged £54.50 why?

Got my bill through been charged £54.50 when my spending Cap is £15.00.

took me all week to get through then today I got through and virgin told me I have only added the spending Cap 16.6.2019?  I told them I’ve had it in place for over six months as my 5 year old uses my data and i added it so I never had any surprise bills, I was told that was not the case as the spending Cap is new and has only been available since May 2019??  They told me I added it on an app last month??   

Am I going mad or are they just lying to me so they won’t gave to refund me back any money??

Can someone please help?? 

Thanks H 

0 Kudos
Helsbels79
Settling in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spending Cap - £15.00 Been charged £54.50 why?

Cnt’d

No notifications to let me know gone over and my usual monthly sim only Bill is £6.50 never exceeded this before??

also recently got a bill from EE to say I have recently disconnected from them and they are refunding me £1.00 went to virgin 12 months ago??

how weird??  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not calling em liars but...

Cap.png

Just to be clear- I cant comment on WHEN YOU put a cap on, but it was certainly an available option before the date they told you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Helsbels79
Settling in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I thought they were just fobbing me off.  If they are saying it’s only been added then how can I prove otherwise??  My bill if £6.50 a month now to £54.50???  Waw huge difference 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Difficult to prove when it was added- They SEEM to be saying you added it through the MY VM app? Did you download it around that time?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Helsbels79
Settling in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No I added it over six months ago.  I’ve just registered to see my Internet usage and some of the Internet is used in the middle of the night ?? Always 

01.11am 02.11am 03.11am and so on when I am asleep??  I need to investigate this?? 

0 Kudos
Helsbels79
Settling in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What’s my VM app??  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay so- you didn't download the app they say you added it on, it was available before they told you

Now you are saying you are being charged on a hourly basis for internet access- thats a known issue with VM's system. Ill escalate this for you

@ModTeam someone want to pick this up?

Use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helsbels79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile billing.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea how it can be proved when a cap was set - maybe Virgin's system register's it?.

If it was set, you are due any payment refunded over what you set, last paragraph on Cap policy "If we accidentally let you use more than your cap, we will not charge you for usage that exceeds the cap."

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-spending-caps-policy

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.