Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but its time to leave.....

Hi all.....  this is my very first post so please be gentle with me....

We've been with Virgin Media for a good few years now, and we've enjoyed the service we've received. But the prices have just gone up and up, to the point as pensioners we cant afford it anymore. I rang the 150 number yesterday and explained, and they tried to offer me a better 'deal'.... but i still said no thank you.... So the nice man said "ok, so 30 days from now (9/10/2019) your services will be terminated, and you'll need to return any equipment to us". No problem i understand that. But... we'd like to keep the same landline number that we've had for years and years.... can anyone please confirm that our new provider will make all the arrangements to move it over, as the Virgin guy wasn't too helpful on that point.....

Thank you.....

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry, but its time to leave.....

Hi - You will be able to keep your landline number - just need to ask your new provider to move it across for you.

The number has to be active with Virgin on the day the new service starts to move across.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same with me. Been a customer since they installed cable in our street over 20 years ago. I am a pensioner paying £80 a month after a £4-50 increase.Don't expect special treatment because we are getting old or have been loyal. I am consistently getting calls from Asia trying to get me to sign up to even more expensive deals. Most of the programmes we get via Virgin are either repeats or 80-year-old movies. Perhaps they think that we oldies like to revisit films we were watching as kids - although I did recently enjoy the original Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels which I recall watching with my granddad. Who knows, perhaps one day they might even give us the existing programmes in HD. A word of warning though, my daughter switched to SKY and they are just as bad!

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Mervynhancock wrote:

Same with me. Been a customer since they installed cable in our street over 20 years ago. I am a pensioner paying £80 a month after a £4-50 increase.Don't expect special treatment because we are getting old or have been loyal. I am consistently getting calls from Asia trying to get me to sign up to even more expensive deals. Most of the programmes we get via Virgin are either repeats or 80-year-old movies. Perhaps they think that we oldies like to revisit films we were watching as kids - although I did recently enjoy the original Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels which I recall watching with my granddad. Who knows, perhaps one day they might even give us the existing programmes in HD. A word of warning though, my daughter switched to SKY and they are just as bad!

Respectfully your age is not even a factor - however Loyalty is not rewarded these days and you would be wise to look around for a replacement provider. Rinse and Repeat as they say 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Beware of the “pending disconnection” rule. If your Virgin account is pending disconnection (you have given notice) your new provider cannot port the number on that account. You should only give notice to cancel Broadband & TV services. Then contact your new provider & ask for the number port. They will then handle this with Virgin, which will cancel the phone service on the day the number ports over.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.... so as i understand it, i have given notice that i am leaving and my broadband and tv packages are on 30 days notice, due to end on 9th Oct.

We've now had Vodafone install our new broadband and phoneline and have asked for the old (virgin) number to be ported over. I'm presuming(?) there will be no 'extra' charges incurred for the old phoneline.? I do however understand i will be paying for tv and bb until 9th Oct

Many thanks

Nick

0 Kudos