cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports HD ?

Neal2
On our wavelength

Hi. I am charged for HD sports on my package & have been for a long time, should football in HD on sky be as good as it is on BT ? My sky sports is really poor when comparing it to BBC  ITV & BT.

11 REPLIES 11

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Neal2, and welcome back!

Can you please confirm on what channel numbers you're watching Sky Sports?

There is an BT Sports Ultimate option, which is a 4K quality - which would be better than the HD content from Sky.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Neal2
On our wavelength

Hi David thanks for the reply. I watch sky sports on 501 upto 510 in the channel guide it say’s HD. 

Thank you for that information. With regards to the quality of the Sky Sports HD channels. 

Is there issues such as pixelation, etc? 

^Martin

Neal2
On our wavelength

Hi. I have no pixelation it’s just the picture quantity is no better than when I upgraded to HD.

Thanks

Right I see. Do you have another HDMI cable you can try?

Can you also try using a different HDMI slot on the Tv?

^Martin

Neal2
On our wavelength

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried that & it made no difference, I recently had a new tv & if anything this exaggerated the difference between Sky sports HD & all the other HD channels with all the other channels being considerably better.

Hello Neal2.

Thanks for your reply and trying a new HDMI cable.

To be honest it may be the content we get from the provider that is not as great as BBC etc.

What I can do go away and find out why for you.

Gareth_L

Neal2
On our wavelength

Thanks Gareth. I sometimes watch Sky football at my mates who subscribe’s to Sky HD & it’s considerably better, we thought it might be the quality of the TV but I now have a top of the range Sony & it’s still not as good as the Sky broadcast. I read somewhere that Sky do not supply the same quality to partners as they broadcast themselves?.

Hello Neal2.

Thanks for waiting.

Sky themselves supply the feed to us for the HD content.

It could be the case that they hold some of it back as it belongs to them.

I wouldn't want to accuse Sky of doing so, but this has been raised and fedback in the past.

Some things are just beyond control, sorry for being the bearer of bad news.

Gareth_L