Menu
Thetopcroupier
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shocking service - Install

To start off I have just moved house and as Virgin are the only reasonable option in terms of service in the area I opted to go with Virgin.

Firstly when registering for the installation I am given the primary option of the 20th of February followed by the secondary option of the 21st of February.  Recieve a message a week later to say that the installation date will be the fifth of March, okay.

Fourth of March comes and two engineers come and drill the hole for the box at the front of the house. 

Fifth of March comes and engineer arrives for installation only to tell me that he can't do the installation because the cable is apparently snagged underground and they will need to do work on the pavement to sort it out, he had no idea this was the case before he arrived despite the pavement being marked at least a week prior and the other engineers in attendance the day before.

Call customer service to try and ascertain what's going on and they tell me an engineer will be sent on the tenth of March to fix the problem between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

Today comes and zero engineer, no call, no email, no letter in the mail, just nothing, call customer service and they give me some meaningless waffle about cables needing to come across my neighbours property (they don't, I have their cable port directly outside my front gate) and needing written permission from my neighbour for the work to take place.

Ask them to be put through to the installation team, spend ten minutes waiting in the queue only to be told that the installation team are only available from 8am-4pm for calls.

The entire call centre experience is via people on the other side of the world with varying degrees of English language skills, this isn't their fault, I don't want to have a go at them, I want to talk to someone who actually works for Virgin UK and ask them what the bloody hell they're actually doing, I suspect this is the reason they're still outsourcing to call centres in India, Africa and the Philippines, they know their service is terrible and just hide from their customers.

Absolutely awful experience so far. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Shocking service - Install

Hi Thetopcroupier,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks very much for taking the time to post here.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your experience with us so far, and that there's been a lot of confusion surrounding your installation. It's not the level of service we aim to provide at all.

We're keen to get this sorted for you - I'm going to send you over a PM so I can take some account details and raise a complaint for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Thetopcroupier
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do VM keep closing my complaints without doing anything about them?

Quite an unbelievably poor company, their customer service is literally and figuratively non-existent. 

Just phoned them yet again about my delayed installation from the 5th of March, today's fantasy from the Philippines is that the government have decided in the last few days that they can no longer send engineers to complete installations due to new Coronavirus varients from the third world, apparently conducting work outside a property has been deemed far too hazardous to the public safety and Virgin Media cannot authorise an engineer or put me in touch with anyone who can authorise an engineer to visit my property because of this.

So I then attempt to cancel my non-installation via their phone service choosing option #2 only to find that due to Coronavirus (😉) Virgin has had to cancel some of their phone services and sadly, cancelling their non-service is the one that they've had to cancel.

I've also had complaints closed without any response from Virgin whatsoever, no emails, no calls, no texts, nothing.

Ofcom should really start looking into revoking their telecoms licence if these are their standard practices. 

DeeM
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a nightmare install too.

Have you been connected yet?

0 Kudos
Thetopcroupier
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At the moment I have an installer coming on Monday to install my service after exactly one month of excuses and outright lies on many occasions.

The reality is that they don't want to pay money for more engineers even if it means giving terrible service to clients, their phone support will just continually tell you whichever lie they've been told to churn out for that day to the point where I was flatly telling them to stop lying to me.  If you ask to speak to their superiors they'll refuse, I had one demand I tell them why I wanted to speak to their manager repeatedly and just flatly refuse when I said I wasn't interested in telling him why.

There is definitely a valid reason their customer service reputation is in the toilet, they are appalling. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thetopcroupier, 

Thanks for coming back to the Community to update the thread on how things are going. 

I am so sorry for the recent issues you've had with the customer service team. We do currently have ongoing restrictions for our engineers and this is to keep them safe as much as to keep our customers safe however the restrictions are limited to non faults and relocations. Outside installation work is still going ahead so I'm assuming there may have been a miscommunication there. 

As for speaking to a manager on the call, as a lot of of our staff are still working from home, this isn't possible however there is a call back procedure in place. Saying this, more often than not, the agent can only give whatever update is on the account at the time and any manager are unable to do anything more so in circumstances like this, it's just an unnecessary step that can leave you feeling more frustrated.

As the installation is now booked for Monday, please pop back and let us know how that goes. Fingers crossed all will go well and we can finally give you the great services you deserve. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide