cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cancelled still being charged

Magzim
Tuning in

Hi I was a customers for years I have changed provided on 15th March 2022. I cancelled services via txt msg ( could choose telephone, sms or email). Received msg back saying we’re sorry please return equipment so I did. Received another sms and  emails saying sorry you left us please leave feedback why etc. Then about two more emails this. I paid for my service up to 10th March so was expecting a small final bill for remaining 5 days more or less. I have not received anything so decided to log on to my online account. I found a bill for over £90 saying my services have been “suspended” but as soon a I pay up to almost end of May it will renewed! I tried VM chat and chat bot  put me through to WhatsApp chat where agent was not able to help and after very long about 40mins conversation where I was receiving replies every 10-20 mins directed me to retention team. Then same set of  questions and again no interest about my case just saying I have to pay. I said I don’t even have equipment to use VM and I want them to close my account finally and issue final bill as I don’t t use VM since mid March. Lady again was replying in very long intervals and finally said she will now not be available for an hour but she will reply later! I said this is shocking but she said bare with me. An hour and half later I messaged  this chat again waiting for further reply and this chat has ended I have been put  through to chat bot again. I decided to call them as I was banging against wall since morning hours and it was already around  3pm. Again same questions no interest at all  I literally lost temper and said I want to speak with manager as no one is listening. I don’t want to renew and pay up to end May,  I want to finally leave this company and not wish to receive a letter from debt collectors who will spoil my credit history. She finally said she’ll put me through manager but after putting me on hold  she came back saying manager will call me back when available  ASAP. I asked what this exactly means today? Tomorrow? She was not able to tell me nor share any names apart of hers. Of course no one rang me back. I have sent official complaint as I was told I should have rang them and cancel service via agent so it’s my fault that service is still active as I only sent a message which is apparently one of options VM offers to customers. I have all screenshots saying we’re sorry you left etc so they finitely received my request same as equipment as I had a confirmation vie email,  but obviously nothing in their system. They customer service is so inconsistent and each person says different things. Therefore here’s my question how do I handle this further? I am ready to take it to small claim court. Thank you in advance for your advise. 

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

@Magzim 

Firstly I'll move this thread to the 'Accounts' section of the forum as the Community Natter isn't regularly attended by VM staff - and also I'll flag it for their attention.

Legal action is certainly an option but really should be the last resort. Although there is every chance that the forum team here will be able to cut through the general incompetence which does seem to pervade VM's customer services and operations, then failing that the next step is escalation to the industry regularly CICAS. Just lodging a complaint does cost VM of the order of £400 or so (costs you nothing) and there is every chance that they will find in your favour and order a refund of all monies owned plus a degree of compensation for your inconvenience.

But as I say, let's give the staff here a chance to sort it out first and if push comes to shove, then we can certainly give to advice on how to proceed. 

Thank you very much. Fingers  crossed it will be resolved it costs  me a lot of stress already. 

Good Morning @Magzim, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues with the cancellation and the poor experience you've been issued

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be happy to assist you further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Spoiler
Hi 

After quite a few emails I have paid the bill and the agent was supposed to close my account and issue final bill. Unfortunately since I did this no contact at all as promised . I have a confirmation I have paid however the VM account is still showing Not paid. I am absolutely fed up and wish to leave VM ASAP and never come back. Can you please advise how to handle this now? I paid yesterday afternoon. Even if the payment has not reached the account yet which is very strange as I have a confirmation of payment I was under impression that the agent should at least reassure me he is on it. I have been put off for the rest of my life. And like previously I did come back to VM twice I will never do this again even if this is the last broadband provider in the whole planet. The customer service is really bad.  No one bothers how stressful this is. The payment confirmation message   also says my service has been reinstated… even though I have now checked and it says still not paid! I’m helpless and feel like banging against a wall in 21st century.